Buzzcocks

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Buzzcocks

Post by Dorty »

I went to watch them last night at Sunderland Uni.

I have to say I was really disappointed, the sound mix just wasn't right....is this possible or is it just me? (although my mate thought the same as well). The singing was muffled, you could hardly make out a word of what was being sung. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Mind, plenty of people were still enjoying it and my ears are ringing this morning :P
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Buzzcocks

Post by jaydee1964 »

Never liked buzzcocks tbh . I put them in the same bin as every other wimpish band . I'm sure there are plenty who do like them though for them to be still going now

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Buzzcocks always have a bad live sound mix.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

jaydee1964 wrote:Never liked buzzcocks tbh . I put them in the same bin as every other wimpish band . I'm sure there are plenty who do like them though for them to be still going now
Fair do's mate.

On last night's 'muffled' performance, I'd mark them down as 4 out of 10. I saw the Damned at the same venue last month and they were sensational, crystal clear. Is it possible I was standing in the wrong place because people at the front were really going for it so I presume they were hearing it clearly! Or maybe my hearing is f***ed?

Baffled <shrugs shoulders>
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

theraven1979 wrote:Buzzcocks always have a bad live sound mix.

Jim

I won't be rushing back to watch them any time soon, Jim.

Disappointed is not the word, they opened with Boredom and half way through the show my mate walked out due to boredom. I stayed to the end but for me it was a mishmash of noise. Totally unmoved.
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Haha due to boredom ....... could never stand Pete Shelleys puffy pouting on totp .

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

jaydee1964 wrote:Haha due to boredom ....... could never stand Pete Shelleys puffy pouting on totp .

On the plus side there was another good turnout last night, a lot of people in their 40s and 50s and a good few younger people as well. Some lovely young ladies there as well :smt004

I've got two tickets for North East Calling at Northumbria Uni in September, there are a good few groups on including the Damned. Really looking forward to this.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I have to say I like Buzzcocks. Always have.
I've seen them many times over the years and there's only been one gig with truly terrible sound.
It was at Brixton Academy for the reunion show with Howard Devoto.

But there's been terrible sound at Brixton Academy every time I've gone there except The Ramones.
It's on my list of venues to avoid.
ManInBrown
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

Rockula wrote:I have to say I like Buzzcocks. Always have.
I've seen them many times over the years and there's only been one gig with truly terrible sound.
It was at Brixton Academy for the reunion show with Howard Devoto.

But there's been terrible sound at Brixton Academy every time I've gone there except The Ramones.
It's on my list of venues to avoid.

I think I might email the venue, see if they have any thoughts on the subject.
Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sidinblack »

Saw them last week at 'Dickens World' (Charles Dickinson victorian experience) in Chatham and they sounded great. Steve Diggle was very well behaved as well. Great venue if you get the chance. Also got a couple of metal Stranglers pin badges off the merch stall.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

I feel robbed <sob>
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Saw them a couple of years ago at The Electric Brixton. Had the same problem, poor sound,throughout, but people were enjoying it. I wont be rushing back to see them any time soon. They played the Kentish town Forum in London last year, and i wasent botherd about going, that venue generally has terrible sound, so they must of sounded awful that night. Shame as they are one of my childhood bands,and as much as i like them on record, there definitley not a great live band. Diggle is the best part of the band, If they played a really small venue in London i might go. But im not booking time of work specially to see them. It would have to be on one of my days of. Odd because when i saw them supporting The Stranglers at the birmingham academy in 2005 they were brilliant.