Theatre of Hate - Slave EP

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Theatre of Hate - Slave EP

Post by SmallPaul »

It’s great to have new product out by Theatre of Hate – albeit only a 4-track EP, “Slave”, but it’s rather good imho, and most welcome.

Only currently available as a t-shirt/CD package, so I’ve ended up with a new t-shirt which I wasn’t really in the market for, no matter. I bought it on their recent mini tour and they were excellent – I hadn’t seen them since 1981, although I know they’ve gigged in recent years.

I believe there’s a new album in the pipeline which is great news.

Any other ToH fans out there?

Paul
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Theatre of Hate - Slave EP

Post by gizzard »

This is a very good EP and I read somewhere that there is a new album out this year sometime.

Will have to go some to beat their stuff from back in the day.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

SmallPaul wrote:It’s great to have new product out by Theatre of Hate – albeit only a 4-track EP, “Slave”, but it’s rather good imho, and most welcome.

Only currently available as a t-shirt/CD package, so I’ve ended up with a new t-shirt which I wasn’t really in the market for, no matter. I bought it on their recent mini tour and they were excellent – I hadn’t seen them since 1981, although I know they’ve gigged in recent years.

I believe there’s a new album in the pipeline which is great news.

Any other ToH fans out there?

Paul
I am a big fan of TOH,Spear and Kirk.I bought "Slave" last year on pt1 of The Slave tour.I missed them live first time round,but the gig I wen't to last year was one of the best I have been to.

As as been mentioned they are recording a new album at the moment in Manchester.Interesting side note they have Danny Farrant the Buzzcock's current dummer playing with TOH at the moment.He had a lot to live up to with the previous TOH drummers being so good.But he rose to the occasion when I saw them.TOH one of the best bands around IMHO.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

I saw them in July 82 @ Hammsmith Palais with Billy Duffy on guitar and Southern Death Cult supporting. Amazing live band.