scotland .anyone care?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

scouserat
Rats Rally

Re: scotland .anyone care?

Post by scouserat »

delboyinblack wrote:To Scouserat well done for admitting you were wrong.
admitting i was wrong about what? Im just a working class Englishman looking in ,you wanna be part of the Uk or not the impression i get and probably cos the anti british corner is a lot louder than the pro british corner ( surprise!)is you dont .The UK is better with scotland in all im sayin is im not gonna loose sleep over it if u vote out, most english working class people wont lose sleep either i dont think its much of a big deal down here but thats why i posted.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Scotland would be mad to go it alone.
There is no need at all to split up the union.
Its not going to happen anyway i say its gonna be 70% to stay in and 30% to go solo.
Longterm it wont effect England or wales but would effect Scotland and problems like what is going on in Northern Ireland would start Scotland.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
scouserat wrote:it might livin things up on the forum instead of "song of the day threads' :P
Yeah, but...there are numerous Scottish fans on this forum who would find your post offensive. I know some of them, even consider them to be my friends and I think the post was out of order really. Surely you can think of better ways to liven up the forum?
The voice of reason making a rare appearance... Hope you feel better in time for the tour Baz.
No one can win against kipple.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

scouserat wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any views on scottish independence does anyone care if they stay in the UK or not? Personally i couldn't give a hoot if they left as long as they just fuck off for good and stop gettin money off the UK government to keep their economy going ,they can change to the euro or haggis pound or whatever they want as long as they keep their hands off the British pound note ,ounce youv,e gone your on your own Jimmy, so fuck off (if the vote is to leave that is).Might be a good thing stop Rangers and Celtic crying that there is no competition in the scottish leagues and wanting to play in the EPL bringing all that religous bigatory with them . just a thought.(if they do vote for independence i hope im not banned from seeing the Mib in glasow i do enjoy that gig to be honest).
Hello England :smt006 , it's only taken until 7 months before the vote for you to waken up.

With attitudes like that, is it any wonder we want away?

Not going to get into an arguement about you being spoon fed government propaganda about us being 'Subsidy Junkies' and living off the coat-tails of England(what about Wales & NI?).
IF Scotland was costing SO MUCH, then there shouldn't even be a NO option. Simple ecconomics shurely?
Do a bit of reasearch into it and maybe you'd be enlightened.

Why did David Cameron block the English, Welsh & irish from getting a vote on this?
He couldn't trust you to return the right result, we'd have had independence on the postal vote alone.

Like everyone in the world, your more than welcome to come to Scotland anytime you want, but try and do it before the rUK government builds those border check points and wall/fence!!!!!

ps: Rangers and Celtic are as representative of Scottish football as Chelsea and Man U are of English, except with out the racism.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

mickinblack wrote:Scotland would be mad to go it alone.
There is no need at all to split up the union.
Its not going to happen anyway i say its gonna be 70% to stay in and 30% to go solo.
Longterm it wont effect England or wales but would effect Scotland and problems like what is going on in Northern Ireland would start Scotland.
The polls suggest otherwise Mick, and getting closer every day.
The SNP were 20 points behind before sweeping to a majority(even Labour couldn't do that) at the 2010 Scottish elections, giving them the mandate to go for Independence.
If a day is a long time in politics, how much can happen up until September?
I'd say longterm it wouldn't effect anyone, if the UK government actually decided to enter into the grown ups debate.
They point blank refuse to discuss what could happen if it's a Yes or a No result, yet demand answers to questions they are a part off.

Did you believe David Cameron when he said last week that "Money would be no object" in clearing up the South of England from the flooding?
Only for that "money no object" to quickly turn into £63Million, £30Million of that which had been allocated from 2 years ago that they hadn't given out.
Yet he's telling all and sundry what Scotland can and can't have, and people are believing that!!!!!!

Q: How do you get a Scotsman to do something?
A: Tell him he can't.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

If Scotland votes yes, The Stranglers will be able to do their 'UK' tours in England.
rotten thoughts
punkerdgray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by punkerdgray »

it this for real have just read your disgusting post no wonder that scotland is wanting independance its people like you with
your prejudice ideas about scotland that make me sick i have many friends in england i am glad that you are not one of them
personally i will not be voting because all politicians are corrupt liars and cannot be trusted and it is always the working class
the suffer. :grin: Anarchy Piece and Freedom.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

iain wrote:If Scotland votes yes, The Stranglers will be able to do their 'UK' tours in England.
There will be no UK, the only Kingdoms involved in the Union ARE Scotland and England.

Or does England think it can be united with itself, maybe it needs it's own parliament?

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

punkerdgray wrote:it this for real have just read your disgusting post no wonder that scotland is wanting independance its people like you with
your prejudice ideas about scotland that make me sick i have many friends in england i am glad that you are not one of them
personally i will not be voting because all politicians are corrupt liars and cannot be trusted and it is always the working class
Sorry, Don't agree with not voting.

Surely it'd be better to have Scottish corrupt liars running Scotland instead of English ones?

Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
punkerdgray wrote:it this for real have just read your disgusting post no wonder that scotland is wanting independance its people like you with

Surely it'd be better to have Scottish corrupt liars running Scotland instead of English ones?
Just a different accent instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Hammersmith1982 wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:

Just a different accent instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But only a few miles away in Edinburgh, if you are inclined to go see them about something?

fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Can the border be brought down to just south of Manchester?
Shove it up yer bollocks then!