STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2013 TOUR

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Re: STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2013 TOUR

Post by dan-electro »

Went to Bathgate last night to see the band for the 1st time and thought they were pretty good (Really thought there would be a bigger crowd though). The only song that sounded really poor was 'Golden Brown' but to my surprise they played a few from 'Meninblack' and 'La Folie'.

The band came on to Waltzinblack and went straight into 'Longships' and then segued into 'The Raven'. I was pleased to hear songs like 'Non Stop', 'Family', 'Tramp', 'Second Coming' and 'The Man They Love To Hate' as I didn't expect it. The gig came to life near the end with a few people dancing about down the front to 'Curfew', 'Tank', a very popular 'Duchess' and finished with 'SBG' and 'NMH'. They also played the Nuclear Device, Toiler segue (as per the Feline set in 1983) which sounded great. Good night though and would certainly go back and see them again. 8)

The songs they played from memory by release were :

Princess Of The Streets, Peaches, Grip, Down In The Sewer (this was dedicated to a fan that had recently passed away), No More Heroes. Something Better Change, 5 Minutes, Tank, Nice 'N' Sleazy, Toiler On The Sea, Curfew, Longships, The Raven, Duchess, Baroque Bordello, Nuclear Device, Genetix, Who Wants The World?, Second Coming, Thrown Away, Non Stop, Tramp, Family, Golden Brown, The Man They Love To Hate & Always The Sun. 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Did the crowd beat our 7 in Belfast last year? :shock:
rotten thoughts
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

iain wrote:Did the crowd beat our 7 in Belfast last year? :shock:
I think there was around 30 people standing watching at the start but towards the end more people seemed to appear and started dancing down the front for the last 4 or 5 songs. :|
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

They always deserve better crowds than they get :smt010 :smt010
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

dan-electro wrote:Went to Bathgate last night to see the band for the 1st time and thought they were pretty good (Really thought there would be a bigger crowd though). The only song that sounded really poor was 'Golden Brown' but to my surprise they played a few from 'Meninblack' and 'La Folie'.

The band came on to Waltzinblack and went straight into 'Longships' and then segued into 'The Raven'. I was pleased to hear songs like 'Non Stop', 'Family', 'Tramp', 'Second Coming' and 'The Man They Love To Hate' as I didn't expect it. The gig came to life near the end with a few people dancing about down the front to 'Curfew', 'Tank', a very popular 'Duchess' and finished with 'SBG' and 'NMH'. They also played the Nuclear Device, Toiler segue (as per the Feline set in 1983) which sounded great. Good night though and would certainly go back and see them again. 8)

Princess Of The Streets, Peaches, Grip, Down In The Sewer (this was dedicated to a fan that had recently passed away), No More Heroes. Something Better Change, 5 Minutes, Tank, Nice 'N' Sleazy, Toiler On The Sea, Curfew, Longships, The Raven, Duchess, Baroque Bordello, Nuclear Device, Genetix, Who Wants The World?, Second Coming, Thrown Away, Non Stop, Tramp, Family, Golden Brown, The Man They Love To Hate & Always The Sun. 8)

Thanks for the review mate, what a great set list.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Re: STRAIGHTEN - OUT 2013 TOUR

Post by Ravenette »

Burn e 77 wrote:Hope & Anchor... mint!
Burn e 77
PS. we'll have a different stripper in London too, if you've got any :wink:
I'm sure someone could drag one from Kings Cross on their way to the gig... :lol: :lol:
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I'm looking forward to seeing Straighten Out later on it the year, even more so with that set list. Great to hear that they played songs from Meninblack and La Folie.
alan baty
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by alan baty »

Brill at 3 tunns n decent 70 ish turn out. New stuff excellent. Roll on 7th Sept. Keep it going lads. Bed before dawn though, you all need your bueaty sleep these day :?: s. lol.
toneinstoke
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by toneinstoke »

What's happend to the box gig on the 10th aug ???
toneinstoke
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by toneinstoke »

:( Both gigs in crwho have gone now
what's happend ????
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Really I knew the one of the 10th had been cancelled but I thought the one in November was still going through.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

dan-electro wrote:Went to Bathgate last night to see the band for the 1st time and thought they were pretty good (Really thought there would be a bigger crowd though). The only song that sounded really poor was 'Golden Brown' but to my surprise they played a few from 'Meninblack' and 'La Folie'.

thanks for the review, thats there better setlist in my opinion,even though they were good at the box (and it literally is a box) in Crewe last year i thought they coverd too much of 77.

As iv'e got so much holiday to book off, i'll defientley be going to the Hope and Anchor and maybe Swindon.