Support the site

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Support the site

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks again everyone who's donated. Just to let you know that we have enough funds so far for another year and a half.

Thanks

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle »

Done, great site well worth the contribution.
Although never having met you Jim I am becoming more convinced with every passing day that you are a online character like Max Headroom and don't exist in the physical world.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Just tried to donate via my Paypal account which asks me for an email address to send the money to. Whats the address then :?:
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

theraven1979 wrote: Just to let you know that we have enough funds so far for another year and a half.
Ah, Bollocks! I was just about to get me wallet out! Oh well, always next year...................
Flyboy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Flyboy »

Jim,

Just to let you know I've slipped in a tenner mate. Keep up the cool work.

Jeff
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks - just moved you into the "Site Contributors" group.

Thanks all

Jim
Flyboy wrote:Jim,

Just to let you know I've slipped in a tenner mate. Keep up the cool work.

Jeff
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

theraven1979 wrote:It's been over 2 years now since we had a "whip round" so now's the time to support the site (was going to do it earlier this year but thought I'd let the tour get out of the way). Last time there was a fantastic response and I thank everyone involved for that - it saw us good for a year and a half.

It costs around £150 a year to run this site (including the gallery). Whilst luckily I'm in a position to self finance the site it would be nice if people could see their way clear of a small donation a year to keep this site ticking along - especially some of the more heavy users (and that doesn't mean that just cos you don't post it doesn't make you a regular site user - you're still using site bandwidth which I have to pay for).

donate/ - this will allow you to donate towards the upkeep of the site. Please note that if you're 1 of the 10 people not running the ProSilver theme - the link will only work if you switch to that theme.

What's in it for you? Well mainly the continuation of this fantastic site - I'm constantly improving (I put the mobile phone plug ins in recently) or maintaining (deleting, backing up, assisting with forgotten passwords etc). Also, anyone donating towards the site will be placed (automatically) into a "Site Supporters" group.

I appreciate that maybe not everyone (that would like to donate) is able to do so at this time.

I'll keep us updated with how this is going.

Please note I can only take PayPal contributions (you don't need a PayPal account to do this). The reason for this is that it keeps the site funds in once place.

THANKS!

Jim

Alright Jim, having a spot of bother. I click submit and it takes me to my paypal login screen. I log in and nothing seems to have happened. What am I doing wrong? I've tried it twice now - does that mean I've contributed a tenner so far???

Shame I didn't see you in Sheffers mate, maybe next time.

Cheers Mike.
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cheers - I'll PM you

Jim
Blackbeered wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:It's been over 2 years now since we had a "whip round" so now's the time to support the site (was going to do it earlier this year but thought I'd let the tour get out of the way). Last time there was a fantastic response and I thank everyone involved for that - it saw us good for a year and a half.

It costs around £150 a year to run this site (including the gallery). Whilst luckily I'm in a position to self finance the site it would be nice if people could see their way clear of a small donation a year to keep this site ticking along - especially some of the more heavy users (and that doesn't mean that just cos you don't post it doesn't make you a regular site user - you're still using site bandwidth which I have to pay for).

donate/ - this will allow you to donate towards the upkeep of the site. Please note that if you're 1 of the 10 people not running the ProSilver theme - the link will only work if you switch to that theme.

What's in it for you? Well mainly the continuation of this fantastic site - I'm constantly improving (I put the mobile phone plug ins in recently) or maintaining (deleting, backing up, assisting with forgotten passwords etc). Also, anyone donating towards the site will be placed (automatically) into a "Site Supporters" group.

I appreciate that maybe not everyone (that would like to donate) is able to do so at this time.

I'll keep us updated with how this is going.

Please note I can only take PayPal contributions (you don't need a PayPal account to do this). The reason for this is that it keeps the site funds in once place.

THANKS!

Jim

Alright Jim, having a spot of bother. I click submit and it takes me to my paypal login screen. I log in and nothing seems to have happened. What am I doing wrong? I've tried it twice now - does that mean I've contributed a tenner so far???

Shame I didn't see you in Sheffers mate, maybe next time.

Cheers Mike.
Flyboy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Flyboy »

Surprised I had any dosh left after this tour...........oh and the Convention!

Well worth the pleasure. I giggle at some of the inane drivel that just oozes out of some of the threads! :lol:
sandyinblack
Rats Rally

Post by sandyinblack »

Just sent the money. Wish I could afford to send more.
Thanx for keeping the site going Jim
Worth every penny.
Sandy :grin:
Punk could be the first step towards Utpoia
PeteL
Rats Rally

Post by PeteL »

Cheers Jim, keep up the great work :smt023
Yes I can drive drive
evonx
Man Of The Earth