Things you fecken love..........

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Things you fecken love..........

Post by Greatkudu »

Dick Emery,Dad's Army,On the Buses,Carry on Films,Steptoe and Son,It ain't half hot Mum,are you Being Served,The Good Life.Major Kudu.
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Apart from the comedies
The Sweeney
Professionals
Tales of the unexpected
Armchair thriller
Within these walls
Hammer house of horror
( those were the days!!!)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think there was a series in the 80s called "Murder, Mystery and Suspense" which showed hammer house style films. As a young lad some of them scared the crap out of me

Tales of The Unexpected was good fun also. Not that scary though

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 21:58 I think there was a series in the 80s called "Murder, Mystery and Suspense" which showed hammer house style films.

Jim
Wasn't that a Magazine album? :grin:
Let's Boogie
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Coverage of the 'Tour de France '
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Mountains.

Also those Wingsuit vids on YouTube with people chucking themselves off the top of the Mountains.
Impressive and great footage. This is a good un -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_jPcUkV ... QgZmx5aW5n
Shush this is serious
Grip
Down In The Sewer

Post by Grip »

On holiday on Skye, first night here, walked into the Old Inn in Carbost with my Peaches t-shirt on, when a local at the end of the bar shouts 'A fucking Stranglers fan, best band in the World, I'm going to have to give you a hug' :lol:
Got talking and he said the last time the Stranglers played up here was 2005.
Magic place......recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of peace, although they don't have potholes here, more like manholes with the covers missing :lol:
Tickety Boo!
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

Grip wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 20:17 On holiday on Skye, first night here, walked into the Old Inn in Carbost with my Peaches t-shirt on, when a local at the end of the bar shouts 'A fucking Stranglers fan, best band in the World, I'm going to have to give you a hug' :lol:
Magic place......recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of peace, although they don't have potholes here, more like manholes with the covers missing :lol:
😄
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Grip wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 20:17 On holiday on Skye, first night here, walked into the Old Inn in Carbost with my Peaches t-shirt on, when a local at the end of the bar shouts 'A fucking Stranglers fan, best band in the World, I'm going to have to give you a hug' :lol:
Did you get to visit The Old Man of Storr and The Quiraing?
Hopefully visiting Skye this year although I don’t like the sound of the size of them there potholes!
Shush this is serious
Grip
Down In The Sewer

Post by Grip »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 16:45
Hopefully visiting Skye this year although I don’t like the sound of the size of them there potholes!
Yeah visited the Old Man of Storr and drove past the Quiraing after visiting the Museum of Life, which is worth a visit. The Fairy Pools are stunning (just a bit busy). Kilt Rock & Mealt Falls are also good, but they need to have had a decent amount of rain for the Falls to be at their best (not usually a problem :lol: )
Dunvegan Castle was ok, but I've seen better castles, its got a nice walk around the gardens.
If you go to the Museum of Life, drive back down the A855 on the East of the island through Staffin......the views are ace.
The Cuillin Hills hotel is good for a Sunday Lunch if you like a roast, but because we stayed just outside Carbost, we went to the Old Inn a few times as the food, drink and atmosphere was great. Definitely visit the Talisker Distillery, and try and book a tour in advance (if you fancy doing that as it gets busy)
If you like your seafood, you can't beat the Oyster Shed just outside Carbost for freshness at a decent price.
But aye, be careful of the potholes, they were doing some road repairs, but they were treacherous.
Tickety Boo!
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

Sharp's Antlantic Pale Ale.....hic...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Grip wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 17:24
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 16:45
Yeah visited the Old Man of Storr and drove past the Quiraing after visiting the Museum of Life, which is worth a visit. The Fairy Pools are stunning (just a bit busy). Kilt Rock & Mealt Falls are also good, but they need to have had a decent amount of rain for the Falls to be at their best (not usually a problem :lol: )
Dunvegan Castle was ok, but I've seen better castles, its got a nice walk around the gardens.
If you go to the Museum of Life, drive back down the A855 on the East of the island through Staffin......the views are ace.
The Cuillin Hills hotel is good for a Sunday Lunch if you like a roast, but because we stayed just outside Carbost, we went to the Old Inn a few times as the food, drink and atmosphere was great. Definitely visit the Talisker Distillery, and try and book a tour in advance (if you fancy doing that as it gets busy)
If you like your seafood, you can't beat the Oyster Shed just outside Carbost for freshness at a decent price.
But aye, be careful of the potholes, they were doing some road repairs, but they were treacherous.
Thanks for the info mate, sounds like you had a great time 8)
Driving from Leeds so planning to stay in Edinburgh for 4 nights cos I don’t fancy that 8hr+ drive up to Skye in one go :shock:
Shush this is serious