Straighten Out - The Roadhouse, Birmingham, May 21st.

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out - The Roadhouse, Birmingham, May 21st.

Post by Fatbusjim »

Not far off this one now, anybody planning on going?

I couldn't make the last gig, but apparently things are coming together really well.

New venue for me, I am really looking forward to this one now :twisted: :twisted: :smt030
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out - The Roadhouse, Birmingham, May 21st.

Post by 50millionwatches »

Dunno how many will turn up - seeing that The Stranglers, Hugh and Straighten Out are all performing on the same night!
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

I will be there, Hugh on the 20th at SoA, SO on 21s god the missus will be pleased NOT :lol:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

Sorry not for me , have a little trip to the seaside planned next Friday :grin:
shazzer
Rats Rally

Post by shazzer »

Me neither,Stranglers at the seaside for me too. :lol:
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

....and Im off to see Hugh.
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

I'm definitely going and also to HC in Stratford the night before.
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

A good gig last night in a very nice venue –tailor made for small gigs. Not a very good turnout crowd wise – but that’s understandable with both Hugh and The Stranglers playing on the same night.
They opened with Nuclear Device and it was very apparent that the keyboards were very high in the mix, and though it was good to hear the intricacies of that part of the music it was at the cost of the lead vocals which were too low in the mix.
Musically the band were spot on. A couple of mistakes / forgotten lyrics by the lead singer but that’s understandable as he seems to be finding his feet and a little low on confidence at the moment but I’m sure any little niggles will soon be ironed out.
As is sometimes the case when there is only a smallish crowd most people stood towards the back of the hall but a few ventured forward towards the stage nearing the end of the gig.
Overall I thought it was a very good show with the band doing justice to The Stranglers material and the promise of better to come.
swizzler
Rats Rally

Post by swizzler »

dreamtime101 wrote:A good gig last night in a very nice venue –tailor made for small gigs. Not a very good turnout crowd wise – but that’s understandable with both Hugh and The Stranglers playing on the same night.
They opened with Nuclear Device and it was very apparent that the keyboards were very high in the mix, and though it was good to hear the intricacies of that part of the music it was at the cost of the lead vocals which were too low in the mix.
Musically the band were spot on. A couple of mistakes / forgotten lyrics by the lead singer but that’s understandable as he seems to be finding his feet and a little low on confidence at the moment but I’m sure any little niggles will soon be ironed out.
As is sometimes the case when there is only a smallish crowd most people stood towards the back of the hall but a few ventured forward towards the stage nearing the end of the gig.
Overall I thought it was a very good show with the band doing justice to The Stranglers material and the promise of better to come.
Was ok last nite, as you say there were some mistakes, but these niggles will Im sure be overcome given more gigs.

I still prefer the venue at the Hibernian tho on the Pershore Rd
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

Good set from the lads, :smt026 loved the venue, pity its tucked away, as usual with anthing stranglers related you meet great people, :smt006 big shout to Castle brown and his mate good to meet you both, also FBJ top bloke

Note for the future set list they played norfolk coast in the warm up :lol:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better