Who's ditched their MYSPACE for FACEBOOK? and who gives a *

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Who's ditched their MYSPACE for FACEBOOK? and who gives a *

Post by jbinblack »

Not that its any big deal, but so many people are on these Social Networking sites...I was liking Facebook more for all the easy interaction with fun competitive games and instant jabbering back and forth but now with this new News Feed/Live Feed bullcrap, ya just get used to something and it goes and changes and everyone is up in arms about it--AGAIN!!

The main reason I've kept my MySpace is coz I have lots and lots of photo's in albums on there and it's basically an extra place to keep them if god forbid, i get a computer virus again and lose them all (i do have a photobucket account, but it's just another safety net).. But Myspace has gone pretty flat and quiet and DULLSVILLE which is a shame, whereas Facebook is crazy with all those bloody GIFT apps and Vampire and Zombie and Mafia games and so much time wasted. Blah blah...you could say this is a waste of time too, but you can't send cakes and punk rock gifts and 'I hearts' to one another....

Another thing I like about Myspace is the Blog function, and it's easier to see your inventory of blogs than the way Facebook has NOTES. Just sayin...

So...nice weather we're having...What do you think about it?? or not.. :smt006
Trust in God, but lock your car
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Who's ditched their MYSPACE for FACEBOOK? and who gives a *

Post by theraven1979 »

Stopped using MySpace for the same reason really - Facebook ain't bad - Got in touch with a mate of mine that I ain't seen since school so that's pretty cool. Plus the games and stuff you can hide by hovering over their posts and clicking "don't show me any of this shit" or words to that effect.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on it. That becomes your default and it is like before.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

paulinblack wrote:If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on it. That becomes your default and it is like before.
You beat me to that Paul, I decided to be helpful, it must be too early.

Is anyone having problems with MySpace at the moment?
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
johnnyg1968
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by johnnyg1968 »

paulinblack wrote:If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on it. That becomes your default and it is like before.
Cheers Paul thats much better
"THE OTHER NIGHT I CHANCED UPON AN IRATE CATERPILLAR"
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

you are a GENIUS!! (and thanks Unbroken too) That was so easy to do THANK YOU! Now I can stop tut-tutting my tongue. :lol:
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Well i love Facebook, although i had already changed it back to the old setting.....

:grin:
Claireinblack
kent
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Ditched Myspace a couple of months for Facebook which i prefer a lot but its so slow sometimes
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The thing i find distracting on FB is all the funny well meant requests (join farmville, mafia wars, send a punk rock single, send a drink) etc.
Since i dont always have a lot of time to sit at the computerscreen this sort of bugs me at times although at the same time i do realize people mean it well and nice...
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

I am on face book
Whwen i joined it i heard from people that i hadnt heard from in 30 years old school friends etc
It was crazy hearing peoples life storys i went to school with.
They a good way to stay in touch with people you want to stay in touch with.
I dont use it much only once a week to see if i have any messages.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

evonx wrote:The thing i find distracting on FB is all the funny well meant requests (join farmville, mafia wars, send a punk rock single, send a drink) etc.
Since i dont always have a lot of time to sit at the computerscreen this sort of bugs me at times although at the same time i do realize people mean it well and nice...
just click 'block this application' for each one you don't want to see again! I don't mind ONE 'pass a drink' app, but then there's 'pass a round' 'send a round' 'send some drinks' 'have a drink' etc....it gets waaaay too much.. :smt030
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

My greatest concern with fatarsebook is that I may be contacted by someone I went to school with. Bunch of cnuts.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.