Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke tour & new album

Post by Five Minutes »

What next Crass reform with VIP circle :lol:
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Five Minutes wrote:What next Crass reform with VIP circle :lol:

Quite a lot of people thought Steve Ignorant shat all over the 'values' of crass with his recent money making ventures

I hope I wake up tomorrow and find this was all a bad dream, all this VIP meet and greet is utter wank and insulting to fans any way imho. Maybe KJ justify that if Hugh Cornwell charges 50 quid for a meet and greet and that they are four times as popular, I personally think Hugh is taking the piss with that, but my god I would really expect better of the joke
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

They all sell out in the end..all of them

Add the Stone Roses to that list too.....Fools's Gold indeed.....
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

KJ official Facebook:

We'll make an official announcement clearing up any questions around the Cult tour very soon. Apologies for messing you guys around - you know that's never our intention, and we appreciate the support you have all shown us over the years. Regards.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Yeah I look fwd to hearing how the dog ate the home work or some such excuse
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

KILLING JOKE

Official Statement

A statement was posted on Facebook, reputedly by our singer, maligning both The Cult and The Mission and pulling us out of the shows.
He is now AWOL and has not contacted any of his band mates.

We are deeply embarrassed by this and offer our sincere apologies to all involved.

We are all concerned about our missing singer's welfare.

Killing Joke made a collective decision to play with The Cult and The Mission in September.

It was agreed by all of the band that we would do these shows. Indeed, we thought that they were something to look forward to, even though they were downsized.

We would still like to honour our commitment to this tour, the other bands, and all the Gatherers and people who have already bought tickets and made travel arrangements.

If this proves not possible, Killing Joke will make alternative arrangements to compensate for the trouble caused.

Meanwhile we are doing everything we can to make this tour happen and locate our missing singer.

KILLING JOKE
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Five Minutes wrote:Official Statement
Killing Joke will make alternative arrangements to compensate for the trouble caused.
I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of refund!!! Still no news about the aborted Glasgow gig from the last tour.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Jaz has gone AWOL, hope he is alright but I am waiting for the explanation as to why KJ think it's acceptable to play a gig for £200 that only 'wankers and bankers' those 'Corporate Elect'could afford to go to in this 'Age of Greed'. Maybe Jaz went AWOL coz this kind of utter bullshit got too much for him?
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Maybe Jaz went missing 'cause he's a fruit loop.
ManInBrown
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I've not spoken to anyone from my work for nearly 3 weeks now, have I gone 'awol' as well????
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Rockula wrote:Maybe Jaz went missing 'cause he's a fruit loop.
Not exactly news, Jaz suffered a massive breakdown when Virgin took him to court for wanting out of their contract. Maybe it was a good thing, controversial to say, most people don't want to address mental illness, but anyway that breakdown ultimately produced an atmosphere where Killing Joke started making great music again imho. Jaz addressed his mental illness with the song 'Prozac People' from the Democracy album, I think he did a good job in saying things that don't get said enough, just get brushed under the carpet.

I don't blame Jaz if he now keeps a low profile, the idealist in me wants to believe all this corporate bullshit was something out of the bands hands, coz any way you dress it up supporting the fucking cult was bad enough, but a killing joke gig for £200, no way would I want to believe Jaz was compliant in any of this
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Jaz's disappearance has made the eNMEy http://www.nme.com/news/killing-joke/65237

the friggin twats called Killing Joke 'veteran metallers' :roll: