Sex Pistols Experience

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Sex Pistols Experience

Post by ravenlunatic »

Went to see these chaps in a local venue at the weekend, and have to say they were bloody marvelous! The resemblance of the singer to Lydon is nothing short of uncanny complete with staring eyes, strange hanging stance and mannerisms, and the bassist also did an extraordinary job of being Sid with a lanky, sneering, windmill armed style but none of them taking any of it too seriously.
They played exactly what you would expect them to play and finished the night with a quick change of dress and a few PIL numbers before telling the delighted audience to fuck off and storming off stage! marvelous!

Its the second time they have played here (I missed them last time, but they were joined then by Ed Tudor Pole) and due to a complete lack of publicity at this particular venue the attendance was fairly poor which was a shame, but those that went seemed to having a good night out.

they are currnetly touring and if you like that sort of thing I highly recommend checking them out.

Website here: http://www.sexpistolsexperience.co.uk/start.htm
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Sex Pistols Experience

Post by nickinblack »

I saw them a couple of years ago in Dudley,with Ed Tudor Pole supporting.Very entertaining.They cover pretty much of everything you want to hear from The Pistols and play Public Image,the song that is,too.
Incidently,Ed Tudor Pole has a song with the chorus going something along the lines..."I'm not a punk,you effing cnut."Old punks die hard. :roll: :smile:
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Don't you hate it when you do a double post! :roll:
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Saw 'em with Paul B @ Rock City, Nottingham 3 years ago. It was an all day punkfest and they were the best band imho. Guitarist was awsome :!:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Saw 'em with Paul B @ Rock City, Nottingham 3 years ago. It was an all day punkfest and they were the best band imho. Guitarist was awsome :!:

The Bibbster was sadly not present on this occasion. I am reliably informed that he is at large in the west country.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Chatted to a member of the band once (the previous singer, now the manager I think?) over the phone, I was gonna go for an audition to be Steve Bones/Clones/Tones or whatever but discovered they were based in Bridlington and I just couldn't be arsed traveling there to rehearse all the time.
A very good tribute band indeed though, they have toured the US and even appeared on 'Jonesy's Jukebox'.
Shush this is serious
Raven Darkholme
Rats Rally

Post by Raven Darkholme »

the thought of someone imitating the Sex Pistols, pretending to be the sex pistols, seems embarassing to say the least.
i cant tolerate these tribute bands that imitate the band to such an extent, its like kids playing dress up or something.
the good tribute bands are the ones that dont try to imitate the band, just get up on stage and play the music.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Raven Darkholme wrote:the thought of someone imitating the Sex Pistols, pretending to be the sex pistols, seems embarassing to say the least.
i cant tolerate these tribute bands that imitate the band to such an extent, its like kids playing dress up or something.
the good tribute bands are the ones that dont try to imitate the band, just get up on stage and play the music.
:roll:
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Raven Darkholme
Rats Rally

Post by Raven Darkholme »

parasiteinblack wrote:
Raven Darkholme wrote:the thought of someone imitating the Sex Pistols, pretending to be the sex pistols, seems embarassing to say the least.
:roll:
what the hell is your problem!? what is wrong with that post?!
you jump on everything!
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Raven Darkholme wrote: i cant tolerate these tribute bands

You sound like my old headmaster ranting about some petty matter at yet another tedious school assembly.
There's plenty to get worked up about in this world mate without worrying about what tribute band members are wearing or not as the case may be. I think you'll find a clue in the bands name The Sex Pistols Experience i.e. the evening is an experience of events gone by that most of us were for various reasons unable to take part in. I would bring to your attention the last sentence of my original post which contains the words "and if you like that sort of thing".
I rather enjoy tribute bands as it happens. Many of them represent some of my musical heroes that for the simple reason that they are all actually dead rather prohibits any possability of seeing them perform any time soon: Bon Scott, Jimi Hendrix, Phil Lynot, Sid Vicious, Glen Miller, John Lennon............actually I made one of them up. Bet you can't guess which one.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Nice one Raven Lunatic, I couldn't be arsed to reply to the tosser. :lol:
(That was my problem, RD)
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Impy Dark
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Impy Dark »

I saw them last year at The Boardwalk in Sheffield , supported by Nobody's Heroes - a Sheffield based SLF Tribute band .... it was a cracking night out , the same lineup is on again at The Boardwalk this year - Weds 30th December - £10 , bargain & a great excuse for an early new year celebration ..... though I guess it won't be to everyones taste ! :lol: