4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Straighten Out @ Rockers, Glasgow. 17/04/09

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

See my other post.

Head a bit nippy this morning after consuming a few 'Real Ales' (They were £1.69 a pint ;-) )in the Crystal Palace before the gig.

One and only Video of the night

Photos:
Nice T-shirts.

Who invited Barry Ferguson?

Frankcastle finds out why the 'Black Rat' Rum and Coke was £1.29 :shock:

After all that squabbling about who owed what to who, a truce is brokered.

What bloody time does the band come on at?

Alinblack

Castle Tours Rep making sure Alias gets to the front of stage.

Fatbusjim and Frankcastle.

"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Straighten Out @ Rockers, Glasgow. 17/04/09

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Good work son.................... 8)
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Great pictures, cheers !!

:grin:
Claireinblack
kent
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Great work chaps!

8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Fantastic pictures. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

...oooooooo, my poor fucken heid.................... :smt108
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

just had a wee look on Google to check-
that Jake Burns is a rather handsome chap isn't he?

oooooo, my poor, poor heid......
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

What time this morning did the guys finish at?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Finish? :smt073

Must have been the back of 3 when our begging for somewhere to kip finally paid off.

There'll be a few hair o'the dogs consumed tonight, I reckon.

oooooo, my heid, etc.

Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Alias wrote:Finish? :smt073

Must have been the back of 3 when our begging for somewhere to kip finally paid off.

There'll be a few hair o'the dogs consumed tonight, I reckon.

oooooo, my heid, etc.
Know the feeling mate,too auld for this shit..... :oops:
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Great night was had,it has to be said the boys sound better every time I see them.The addition of new drummer "Pitch Black" really has made a difference.....a brick shithouse of a lad.Bubba is growing in confidence,and Shaggy was his usual sarcastic self,but Mick's keyboards especially the swooping synths at the end of "The Raven" where awesome.Some cracking additions to the set,it was great to hear"Curfew" but hearing"Peasant in the big Shitty" with Mick on vocal duties was the cherry on the cake..... 8)

Anyway it was great night apart from the half ten start,no fault of Straighten Out I may add.Myself and Alias thought we where only going to see about 30 minutes worth.Until Fatbusjim and Phil came to our rescue with lodgings for night,Alias even had the brass can to enquire about Breakfast to a hungover FBJ the next morning........ :shock:

Anyway thanks again Davy and Phil,and to Bubba,Mick,Shaggy and Pitch Black....top fucking blokes.... 8)

Have a good un in Edinburgh tonight....and Toiler stay off them Ales fellah we want pictures and reports tomorrow.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Another grand day out starting 6ish with a few Becks and Sailor Jerrys (@ £2.50 a throw it was an offer too stupid to refuse. And me and John were too stupid not to.) Hooked up with Davey Toiler in a nearby boozer about 7, usual bitching session about “Hugh Cornwell’s Love Child” and the usual auld shite ensues :lol: . Banged into the band and crew in the downstairs’ bar as we were heading out to the gig and found out their 9pm slot (ideal for those of us with an unmissable last-train-home to catch) had been bumped back to 11pm due to another support band being added at the last minute. Shit! We’d only see about half an hour of the gig :shock: . Unless, of course, John struck once again with his great-idea-at-the-time proposition to forgo the heady lure of public transport, enjoy the gig and worry about little things like how to get safely home/where the fuck will we doss tonight? until later. Tried phoning a mate who lived locally, but as it was 2 in the morning by that stage, and we were dribbling like fools, and he’d just been woken from his kip, and he was probably mibee even banging his burd at the time, the answer was, surprisingly, no. Well, not even “No.” if truth be told, more a deathly fucken silence that prompted me to answer, “I take it that’s a “No” then?”.
The sound of the phone slamming down from his side was his only response. :shock:
So a most sincere Fanx to FatBusJim and Phil who very kindly let us doss in their hotel room, and also to Mick who let Phil kip in his room so’s me and John could join the trumpeting wind-section-of-the-orchestra in FatBusJim’s room. Yer kind offer was well appreciated by me and John, though it struck me later as a funny reversal of Rock N Roll custom that the band travelled all the way up to play in our home town, and we ended up kipping on their floor. :lol:

You lucky, lucky bastards are guaranteed a blast at the Hope N Anchor; it’s a faultless, brilliant night out, especially if you love the music of The Stranglers. Last night Straighten Out played a blistering set (after a wee false start right after the introtape of Holst faded out), with a seltist that has been seriously ramped up since last year- Nuclear Device and Thrown Away being a couple of the later Strangs songs added with aplomb. The whole band were amazing, Shaggy high kicking and prowling, owning stage left, Bob holding his own at the other side, looking confident in the Cornwell role (and now even cultivating a wee Shuggie quiff too, I noticed). “New” drummer Casey owned the drums, it was, I have to say- a massive improvement on drum duties since I last saw the band. His playing during Sewer, in particular, was well impressive. And Mick on keyboards was, well, Mick on keyboards- note perfect arpeggios and hair raising synth sweeps, and all played with authentic Dave Greenfield Big Massive Hands. As FatBusJim remarked at the hotel bar later, “He’s like that Hellboy bloke!”.

Just a few bits of advice when you do go and see them though;
Don’t mention to Casey the drummer that he’s a dead ringer for Brooce Springsteen.
Seriously.
Oh, and don’t ever ask FatBusJim if he’s from Yorkshire- his resulting answer revealed more naked flesh as was strictly necessary in a family pub before the watershed. :lol:

Cheers guys.
8) 8)