Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Motorcycling.

Post by gjinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
gjinblack wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 21:27 Here's a photo of my mate on the grid with Mike Hailwood at the IOM TT.Image

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
That’s cool, is that your mate helping Mike to get going? Was he a mechanic/ part of the team?
Is the photo late 70’s/ early ‘80 as I believe Mike Hailwood died in ‘81?
8)
No my mate is the other rider.
It is going back some, I didn't know my mate then. It could be early 70s, I'll try to find out.

euromanc-ometh
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

gjinblack wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 22:43
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
gjinblack wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 21:27 Here's a photo of my mate on the grid with Mike Hailwood at the IOM TT.Image

That’s cool, is that your mate helping Mike to get going? Was he a mechanic/ part of the team?
Is the photo late 70’s/ early ‘80 as I believe Mike Hailwood died in ‘81?
8)
No my mate is the other rider.
It is going back some, I didn't know my mate then. It could be early 70s, I'll try to find out.

Oh right I was gonna ask if it was the other rider but then thought it maybe the guy behind him.
Did your mate win any of the races? Not been to the IOMTT but hope to eventually. It’s just insane the speeds they ride around there but also at the same time very exciting. I watch and enjoy it now and then on TV. 8) Always seems to be Michael Dunlop who always wins. Was hoping Guy Martin would win one but he never did, too busy crashing!
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

Started in 77 on a Yamaha SS 50 it was a 73 model so they hadn't started to call them FS1E yet.
Now have 2 Harleys but since wifes ill health not used much ,but also have a Lambretta GP which i use more and am thinking of putting a few engine mods on and new exhaust .