Metallica 02 arena Saturday 28h march.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Metallica 02 arena Saturday 28h march.

Post by pigeon »

My 3 shows of the World magnetic tour are now up. But i am thinking of some more in a couple of months maybe sweden.I have a couple of friends going to the show. But their just getting better and better the new single "Broken beat & Scared" will be out soon the video is here a live performance http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602120 which has not been done since "Sad but true".

The day starts with a meeting at the intrepied fox. Playing our favourite tunes sees metclub members playing air drums to "Ride the lightning" & "The day that never comes". I find out that James and Lars are fresh from seeing Discharge live at the camden underworld on friday evening. One of my friends on a piss up in dublin sends me atxt saying his flights been delayed he eventually doesn't make the show, but is on a promise for free Prodigy tickets at Wemley arena. My mate alan or other known as the duck arrives at 8pm ( i meet him after the onslaught of Machine head who are still touring "The Blackening") and we make our way to our seats. a 40 minute wait as the "Extacy of gold" kicks of my friend tell me he is now on the gatwick express and has given up hope on making the show. Seeing metallica just gets better my 8th carrer show intotal & ive never had a bad show but this is just something else. This topped Sheffield and the first 02. The set was amazing "Harvester of Sorrow" was good to hear that one into "Justice" Musical perfection. James looking well after his oyster expeirence sporting a new tatto on his neck one of the coolest people in rock, sporting shaved sides & a mohawk, in all black and tattoos everywhere.

The best was yet to come "i've just seen the setlist" James says. "My apocolypse" it was expected but it is so intence live. Then one of the absoulte highlights of my 3 shows "THE OUTLAW TORN" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwj2T-gO ... re=related first load song of the tour in the uk this made my show rob and lars have never sounded so good. Then "The Judas Kiss" this works better live than "All nightmare long" i think. The Dm set was a good mix and the only songs i havent heard are "Suicide & Redemtion" & "Unforgiven 3". The set flew very well apart from kirks getar being out of tune to the intro of "The day that never comes", the hanging chord into "Puppets" & then "Fight fire with Fire" this show can't get any better. We go into the hangers on section of the set & it is encore time already time flies by when your having fun. Motorheads "Overkill" "THAT WAS FOR KING LEM" james says & then "Did you say KILL EM ALL" "Hit the lights" an underated metallica song ino because of whats next on that album. "Seek and destroy" and it's all over. My 3 shows are now up but i think i will be wanting to some more in the next 8 weeks or so a european show more than likeley. 27 years into the carrer and their no letting up from the gods of metal.

And to top it all of i get a pick from the man himself. It's got a coffin on it.
10/10
Last edited by pigeon on 31 Mar 2009, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Lone Akita
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Metallica 02 arena Saturday 28h march.

Post by Lone Akita »

you just dont get the picture do you?
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

In Other band section. Still havent given jim a fiver cheepskate.!!
Lone Akita
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Lone Akita »

pigeon wrote:In Other band section. Still havent given jim a fiver cheepskate.!!
:x i will do!