Ginglik

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ShavenRaven
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Ginglik

Post by ShavenRaven »

I really enjoyed the glasgow performance but this one was definitely more active, and fun! As has been said in other posts, these guys must have been under a lot of pressure to perform in front of some of the hardest core fans, but they did brilliantly, which showed in the mini-mosh - everyone was up for it. Even the fans got turned on ( :oops: the electric ones!). Disco dancing with Dave the Devotee was a highlight for me (the eagle has landed FBJ !! :wink: )

Hoping to see more of SO in the future, especially if they continue up north.

Elaine
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

ShavenRaven wrote:I really enjoyed the glasgow performance but this one was definitely more active, and fun! As has been said in other posts, these guys must have been under a lot of pressure to perform in front of some of the hardest core fans, but they did brilliantly, which showed in the mini-mosh - everyone was up for it. Even the fans got turned on ( :oops: the electric ones!). Disco dancing with Dave the Devotee was a highlight for me (the eagle has landed FBJ !! :wink: )

Hoping to see more of SO in the future, especially if they continue up north.

Elaine
Disco Dancing :?: :?: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ShavenRaven
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ShavenRaven »

Fatbusjim wrote:
Disco Dancing :?: :?: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

don't even try to deny it :lol:
billyinblack63
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by billyinblack63 »

seconded thirded fourthded or whatever a brilliant performance 1000 times better than glasgae and that was good too !!!!
you lot were awesome and cant wait for the 3tons in gateshead (shaggy dont forget the hooligan top !!! ) loved it on the stage during hanging around too brought back some great memories even i didnt hit a bum note
we are the middlesbrough crewinblack
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

I had a fantastic night. I came down to London on my own for the Empire gig, met some lovely blokes in O'Neill's who then dragged me to Gingliks. Straighten Out were bloody brilliant (plus it was nice being a youngster in the audience for a change -at 35. No offence to you ageing punks, like). I hope they try the Hibernian in Brum - it always has loads of tribute bands on. You always meet good people at Stranglers gigs and they look after you when you've had one too many beers and you don't get let into the Empire on the first attempt because you look too wobbly because you forgot to eat anything all day apart from half a warm chicken sandwich. The shame. Ahem. Anyway, thanks for an unforgettable night.
Boogie now, Dave!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

A "youngster" at 35 - gonna use that line meself I think and I'm only 33 ! I must be a wee bairn

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

I'll have you know I'm a "young" 35. I'm only a slightly ageing punk.

*Cries*
*Googles "Botox"*
Boogie now, Dave!
missteryinblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by missteryinblack »

yes i agree, what a sound i felt every beat through my chest,the venue was cool and it will be a fondant memory, the boys really did them self proud,the air in there was pretty thick but i didnt go outside didn't want to miss a thing, se you guys in gateshead,
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

Early reminder for those looking for a musical fix now the real tour is over, and their last gig of the year:

Straighten Out - Gateshead Three Tuns, Saturday 6th December

See you there :smt006
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Straighten Out were well worth seeing. Seeing the songs we know and love at full speed all the way through is an amazing experience. Times that by 100 and i imagine thats what it would of been like seeing MK1 in 78. Jawdropping. Diabous in musica indeed (is that the term?) Well done chaps.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Awesome...................
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAUUwf3uk4
.......... simply Awesome! 8)
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:Awesome...................
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAUUwf3uk4
.......... simply Awesome! 8)
Quality a bit dodgy, but certainly enough to whet the appetite for Saturday :twisted: :twisted: Bring it on.

Cheers yellowcake :grin: :grin: