Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

That's one hell of a set list 8)
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

i shall expect a few more tunes from "10" before the sunderland gig.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Have they got a brass section :?: :idea:
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

apparently they use a kazoo for the brasslines, its very effective by all accounts.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Frank Castle wrote:Best of luck for tonight Bubba,looking forward to your Glasgow gig in July at Rockers.
Cheers Frank, but the Glasgow date is 25th July at Nice 'n' Sleazy's. :?:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

The Nosferatu wrote:apparently they use a kazoo for the brasslines, its very effective by all accounts.
Especially when played by the troupe of baton-twirling majorettes that we've signed up. :smile:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

hello all
well-i couldnt agree more with Fatbus jim , sat night at the dove and rainbow in sheffield for the first outing of the latest stranglers tribute band,was really something

arrived at the pub at aroud 8-30pm with some band already playing the place is packed, lots of strangler fans there, some from this forum and others i have seen at many a stranglers gig, also a lot of bikers in colours (druids north) dotted around the pub,god how much longer do we have to listen to the band playing,they finish at about 9-15,the ales are flowing, lot of real ales and wierd types of scrumpy being quaffed,i stick to my usual smooth bitter

talking to some of the band members there appears to be a few nerves jangling indeed one was so worried about playing he might of given up weeks before it started

9-45pm the lights go down and waltzinblack starts to boom out of the sound system, Straighten out come on stage and start with
IFLAW- what a superb start the crowd really get going,a mosh develops and keeps going right thru the set, set list as fatbusjims previous post, there might have been a few cock ups?(more like 1st night nerves)

by the time of the encores one person in particular is getting quite rowdy in the mosh toward the wibs, he is pushed out of the way by babeinblack he is allowed back in but under the wachfull eyes of the bikers who are now standing on 3 sides of the mosh (these guys have arranged this whole night for their 30th anniversary,although looking mean and menacing they do not really want any trouble) now its almost 11pm, the band ask the druids is there time for one more number, comes back the answer-yes!! bang into---DOWN IN THE SEWER a full 7 mins the mosh and the rest of the packed pub loving it, then its over the guys have played close to 1.5 hours of pure mark 1 strangler classics with power,passion albeit with afew nerves (but certainly with none of the brass/kazoo crap mentioned in previous posts) leaving you with the feeling that you need more of this in the future.

a superb night was had by all, if you have any doubts about seeing a tribute band bite your lip,go and see " straighten out " you wont be dissapointed
[/b]
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Fantastic review Keith :smt041
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Nice one.Sound good don't they?
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

You Tube?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Alias wrote:You Tube?
They sound good from reading the review.Yeah,would be good to see/hear some clips.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Alias wrote:You Tube?
No need to call him a tube tho :lol: