SLF

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Yes a bit harsh there Spikey,Kaoos and the Strangler there me old mates.
I should have been there to give you some guidance :wink: .

Seen Fingers 20+ times over the years and I've never been disappointed after seeing them.
Having said that Goldblade are a hard act to follow. :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

Saw Goldblade and SLF last night in Salisbury, and I have to say Goldblade were awesome & SLF just didn't do much for me either.

So I'll just talk about Goldblade :grin: Absolutely fucking amazing as ever just for the sheer energy. Highlight for me just had to be during 'Power of Rock and Roll'

Brother John Robb placed his hands on various members of the audience asking 'Do you believe in the power of rock and roll?'

Clocked my Stranglers T and said something like 'Ah the guy in a stranglers T Shirt, the best fucking band in the world ever' (dunno what the SLF fans thought about that one) As he placed his hands on my head and I yelled into the mike 'I believe in the power of Rock and Roll' :grin: :twisted: :grin:

Only one band could have followed the mighty Goldblade last night after that

Jez

Had a chat to John after the gig too, what a bloody nice bloke, was still raving abour Suite XVI too! Oh and he hopes to be supporting on the next Stranglers tour. I hope so too!
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
black and white
SHAKESPEARO

Post by black and white »

me first stranglers gig was in 1980. It was the locarno at Sundrland. I went with Ian McCallum who now plays with the Fingers. Ian couldnt get in cos he was too young.

I was only 14 but the mirror shades and pvc pants must've swung it!!!!
what an old codger I am!!!!!!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

At 'The Longest Day' gig in Nottingham a few weeks back (which is well documented by me! 8) ) Jake Burns spoke about SLF activity in 2007.

He said that they would be playing the whole of the 'Inflammable Material' album to mark the 30th anniversary of said release.

Gotta be worth checking out this year?
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:He said that they would be playing the whole of the 'Inflammable Material' album to mark the 30th anniversary of said release.
Now..............there's a thought? *rubs chin!*
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

This is happening - it was announced on their site a few weeks back - you gonna join us on paddy's night at the Barras then?

Jim
yellowcakeuf6 wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:He said that they would be playing the whole of the 'Inflammable Material' album to mark the 30th anniversary of said release.
Now..............there's a thought? *rubs chin!*
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I'd never go out me way for SLF but if they play Nottingham on the next tour I might make the effort to hear all the 'Inflammable Material' stuff.

For the record, I consider myself to be an 'SLF' fan (1st 4 albums etc) . I have to say though that they looked knackered on my last viewing.

:?
PjInBlack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by PjInBlack »

just recently got into slf and i think theyre really good i got the all the best cd and tempted to get the albums my faves are nobody's hero, straw dogs, stands to reason, at the edge, tin soldier and strummerville
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

March Irish and UK Tour

March 8 -- Letterkenny: The Casbah

Details to come.

March 9 -- Belfast: Ulster Hall

Support band Shame Academy. Tickets £20.00 in advance. The Ulster Hall is located on Bedford Street in Belfast city centre. Behind City Hall. Box Office: 028 9032 3900. Children are admitted to the venue when accompanied by an adult. Tickets available online from Ticketmaster

March 10 -- Dublin: Temple Bar Music Centre

Support band Blood or Whiskey. Tickets Euro 23.50 in advance. Curved St, Temple Bar, Tel: 353 1 670 9202 (box office). This is an over 18's event. Tickets available online from www.tickets.ie

March 11 -- Portlaoise: Sky Venue

Tickets Euro 20. Heritage Hotel, Tel: +353(0)57-8678588.

March 14 -- Perth: Ice Factory

Support band The Dangerfields. Tickets £13.50. 6 Shore Road, Tel: 08700 600 100. Tickets available online from ticketweb.co.uk

March 15 -- Inverness: Iron Works

Support bands The Dangerfields, Setting Sons. Tickets £16. 122b Academy Street, Box office; 0871 7894 173.

March 16 -- Aberdeen: Lemon Tree

Support band The Dangerfields. Tickets £15. 5 West North Street, Box Office: (01224) 642230. Tickets available online from Ticketmaster

March 17 -- Glasgow: Barrowland

Support bands The Dangerfields, Setting Sons. Tickets £14.50+ Booking. 244 Gallowgate. Tel: 0870 903 3444 Age Limit 14+. Tickets available online from Ticketmaster

March 18 -- Newcastle: Academy

Tickets £13. Westgate Road, Telephone Ticket Sales 0870 771 2000 24 hours Age Limit 14+. Tickets available online from Ticketmaster

March 20 -- Holmfirth: Picturedrome

Tickets £16. Market Walk, Telephone for tickets, please call: 0870 145 1207. Tickets available online from www.seetickets.com/gigcartel

March 22 -- Leeds: Metropolitan University

Support band Middle Finger Salute. Tickets: £15.50 adv, Telephone for tickets, please call: 0161 832 1111. 14 and 15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult. Under 18s must not enter the bar area. Tickets available online from www.seetickets.com

March 23 -- Manchester: Academy 2

Support band The Dangerfields. Tickets: £17, Telephone for tickets, 0161 275 2930. Tickets available online from www.ticketline.co.uk

March 24 -- Liverpool: Academy

Tickets: £12.50 adv, 11-13 Hotham Street, Telephone for tickets, 0151 707 3200. Under 14s must be with an adult over 18 at all times. Tickets available online from www.ticketweb.co.uk

March 25 -- Blackburn: King George's Hall

Tickets: £15, in Blackburn, Support band The Itch. Telephone for tickets, 01254 582582. Tickets available online from Ticketmaster

March 27 -- Cambridge: The Junction

Support band The Dangerfields. Tickets: £13.50, Cambridge Leisure Park, Telephone for tickets, 01223 511 511. Tickets available online from purchase.tickets.com

March 28 -- Bristol: Academy

Tickets: £12.50, Frogmore Street, Tel: 0905 020 3999 (25p Min) 14s and over only unless accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age. Tickets available online from www.ticketweb.co.uk

March 29 -- Gloucester: Guild Hall.

Tickets: £16.50, Tel: (01452) 522232. Tickets available online from www.seetickets.com

March 30 -- London: Astoria

157 Charing Cross Road, Tickets: £18.50, Tel: 020 7434 9592. www.seetickets.com
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Will definitely go to the Cambridge gig, and am very tempted to join Gizz at Bristol, as they promised to play a 2 hour set to make up for Jakes vocal problems there last year. :grin:
Bit tricky midweek, though...
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Freddie Laker wrote:Will definitely go to the Cambridge gig, and am very tempted to join Gizz at Bristol, as they promised to play a 2 hour set to make up for Jakes vocal problems there last year. :grin:
Bit tricky midweek, though...
C'mon Freddie get yer arse down to Bristol!
Gonna be a cracker!

:smt035
ladpinblack

Post by ladpinblack »

Cambridge for me I think