Wonder

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

DrunkinBlackish
Down In The Sewer

Wonder

Post by DrunkinBlackish »

if Parky had anything to do with the Rod Hull accident,when he died falling from a roof fixing aT.V. areial.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Any chance of you increasing your topic descriptions? People can then make a decision on whether to read or skip your topics and it will also help people locate them later on.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Wonder

Post by Alias »

DrunkinBlackish wrote:if Parky had anything to do with the Rod Hull accident,when he died falling from a roof fixing aT.V. areial.
It was Man U he was trying to watch, wasn't it?
I'd blame them then.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

Yes, so would I.
bloody mancs, worse than yorkshiremen.
I'll not 'diss' the scottish though, seeing as I'm already shitting myself about going to glasgow. :shock:
....near the nearside window.....
DrunkinBlackish
Down In The Sewer

I think nobody would have read it I put in Rod Hull.Maybe Parky got The Big Yin to do the deed.
Last edited by DrunkinBlackish on 10 Sep 2006, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
DrunkinBlackish
Down In The Sewer

I'm shitting myself going to Glasgow also.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Like all major cities in our blessed isles, Glasgow has it's good and bad attributes.
These tend to get polarised when the Old Firm(Rangers & Celtic) play.

If you get speaking to the natives, in order for them to find out which side your on, they'll ask you a few telling questions.

The first one being "What school did you go to?".
If you answer anything begining with Saint, as in St.Bernadettes, that'll tag you as a Celtic supporter.
Answering "King William of Orange High" will have the opposite effect and tag you as a Ranger
Bearing in mind that anyone south of the border who went to a CofE school, might have had a St. in the title, beware, this could lead you into one of two tacks in the outcome of your conversation.
1. You'll end up drinking Guiness & singing Danny Boy, with a new life long pal.
2. You'll end up drinking through a tube in the ICU at the nearest A&E.

If anyone asks what team you support, tell them "Partick Thistle", as it's the other team in Glasgow, and doesn't have any sectarian links, which tends to throw the neds(chavs) a bit.
They'll probably think your also a bit of a psycho for being able to think for yourself and not follow the Old Firm with the rest of the sheep.

Apart from these words of warning, anyone coming up to Scotchland for the gig, have a wonderful time.

Remember to keep an eye out for the 'Urban Haggis' which are a real problem since they started coming into the cities from the Glens, in search of tourists to feast on.

Toiler.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Like all major cities in our blessed isles, Glasgow has it's good and bad attributes.
These tend to get polarised when the Old Firm(Rangers & Celtic) play.

If you get speaking to the natives, in order for them to find out which side your on, they'll ask you a few telling questions.

The first one being "What school did you go to?".
If you answer anything begining with Saint, as in St.Bernadettes, that'll tag you as a Celtic supporter.
Answering "King William of Orange High" will have the opposite effect and tag you as a Ranger
Bearing in mind that anyone south of the border who went to a CofE school, might have had a St. in the title, beware, this could lead you into one of two tacks in the outcome of your conversation.
1. You'll end up drinking Guiness & singing Danny Boy, with a new life long pal.
2. You'll end up drinking through a tube in the ICU at the nearest A&E.

If anyone asks what team you support, tell them "Partick Thistle", as it's the other team in Glasgow, and doesn't have any sectarian links, which tends to throw the neds(chavs) a bit.
They'll probably think your also a bit of a psycho for being able to think for yourself and not follow the Old Firm with the rest of the sheep.

Apart from these words of warning, anyone coming up to Scotchland for the gig, have a wonderful time.

Remember to keep an eye out for the 'Urban Haggis' which are a real problem since they started coming into the cities from the Glens, in search of tourists to feast on.

Toiler.
Shit, now I'm crapping m'self an'all.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep this is exactly my point.

Jim
DrunkinBlackish wrote:I think nobody would have read it I put in Rod Hull.Maybe Parky got The Big Yin to do the deed.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
DrunkinBlackish
Down In The Sewer

Reason I thought about Parky in first place was Lotte Church was all dressed in black the oher night on her show,so picked up paper next and the grandfather of chat was giving his verdict, as he usually does with any new show that is anything like a chat show,i.e.its not as good as me,not my cuppa,in my day I interveiwed etc,etc.I heard story about Rod Hull given a script by Parkys producers,he ripped it up and went on and did his own thing.
DrunkinBlackish
Down In The Sewer

Nothing to worry about in Glasgow,just get yerself a pair of trainers advertised by the Mibs(see post This in Mk 1) and run.