Stranglers Tribute Bands!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote: Just remember Tracy, the likes of Gizzard, Suchi, Dom P & Lord Jimbo made similar, indecent comments (i.e. I was shagging Hannah G just cos I offered her a floor for the night!), or at least laughed at the idea.......I received no apologies from them...nor indeed did Hannah!

:roll:
Don't drag me into this. :P

Can't remember saying that :?: :?
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Post by Guest »

JJ once said there was a latent homosexual in all of us
Oh Bollocks - I thought he said Latex :roll:

That's put that fetish to bed !!! Shite, Feck and Arsse

Anyway I'm pure lesbian 'cos I fancy birds !!!

:lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

At last an apology !

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:Is calling someone 'gay' or a 'poof' still an insult? :?:

Tracy!....never intended to upset you or your hubby...soz!

I have to mention though that certain members of this forum thought it was o.k to make similar jibes about me & HannaH G over the xmas period. A bit out of order, I thought, but I shrugged it off as "banter"...

Just remember Tracy, the likes of Gizzard, Suchi, Dom P & Lord Jimbo made similar, indecent comments (i.e. I was shagging Hannah G just cos I offered her a floor for the night!), or at least laughed at the idea.......I received no apologies from them...nor indeed did Hannah!

So, I must re-iterate!...Sorry Tracy!

but to you lot who are calling me 'gay'! :lol: Sort yourselves out! :?

How fucking sad are you in this day & age if u think that calling someone homosexual is an insult?....I expect it from Jim, who appears to live in front of a computer, but...BUT!...I expect more from some others of ya!

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell »

gizzard wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote: Just remember Tracy, the likes of Gizzard, Suchi, Dom P & Lord Jimbo made similar, indecent comments (i.e. I was shagging Hannah G just cos I offered her a floor for the night!), or at least laughed at the idea.......I received no apologies from them...nor indeed did Hannah!

Don't drag me into this. :P

Can't remember saying that :?: :?
double you tee eff??!?!?!?!?! Me and barry rooted and I don't even get to hear about it?!?!?! Barry, do you remember this happening? Fukkin hell, I mean, maybe we were all toe-tally wasted (I was so wasted, personally, I did a great job of driving us all home) and just don't remember? There were other people staying at your house as well, Barry, did you get accused of rooting them as well? (ooooh no cos they would mean that you're an homosexualist, right? And no one dares to call anyone a homosexualist, cos that is such an insult!). Just cos people are friends in the real world outside ofthe forum, it doesn't mean we're root-rats, gay, druggies, terrorists, or any other insults you wanna throw at us.

If you make up lies, APOLOGISE. And some people think it is offensive to ask them if they're gay, so apologise to them as well. Blerg.
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

From tribute bands to re-tribut-ions!!

I suppose I can see the tenuous link within this thread :grin: :grin:

Anyway - at the Mathew Street Festival last year, as well as Goldblade, The Buzzcocks and The Stranglers (no forgetting Amirillo Boy), there were loads of tribute bands playing all over the city - and some of them were really good. Over the weekend we took in quite a few at different venues throughout the place (six different stages, if I remember correctly). Some of them were actually very good - Oasis, David Bowie, The Who - were all paid tribute to superbly.

Obviously there were many a Beatles band playing - but what I thought was good, was that there were bands 'covering' (no pun intended!!) the whole gamut of Fab Four-ness - The Hamburg years, The Cavern years, Shea, Get Back period, etc.... In fact, there was even an act paying tribute to the solo out-put alone!!

And I thought Strangler fans were anoraks!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

The things I have to endure just to give 4MoreHeroes a bit of publicity!

I reckon 'Suchi' owes me a pint or 2 for keeping his band in the news! :wink:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree - the next time they play Leeds you should come up. Hey I`ll even buy you a pint or 2 myself.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:The things I have to endure just to give 4MoreHeroes a bit of publicity!

I reckon 'Suchi' owes me a pint or 2 for keeping his band in the news! :wink:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"