Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:I`m sure some tramps probably do Grinder :lol:

Jim
Funny you should mention that Jim, my nickname at school was 'Tramp'! Won't go into details as to why....

Does anyone drink Special Brew? I bought 16 cans of that once and went round my mates house at lunchtime and by 4pm we were unconscious. His wife came home from work and went loopy - I was spreadeagled in the back garden and my mate was lying in a pile of broken crockery. Things went downhill from then on and believe it or not his divorce came through this week.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I haven't had Special Brew for years. Recently got completely larrupped on Merrydale cider in one of the boozers in Camden Town. A few of us met there to go to a gig in another pub and after six pints of this stuff, decided to stay where we were. Missed the gig but did not miss a hangover from hell the next day. :roll:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Alan A Hillier »

I like this thread. Its amazing how different we all are.
I was getting a bit worried about all this “But now I'm older with kids stuffâ€
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Becks with lime eh?,

Typical soft southern bastard! :lol:

Just cracked open a can of 'Stella Artois'. Drinking it neat. 'Cause I'm hard! :roll:

Nice to see u ain't mellowing with age Alan. Now, that would be the ultimate crime :wink:

Your post got me thinking though. I can't imagine all the times past & present without alcohol. Getting shit-faced has always been part of my social life. Sad? Maybe...

BUT I LIKE IT! :lol:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Becks with lime eh?,

Typical soft southern bastard! :lol:

Just cracked open a can of 'Stella Artois'. Drinking it neat. 'Cause I'm hard! :roll:

Nice to see u ain't mellowing with age Alan. Now, that would be the ultimate crime :wink:

Your post got me thinking though. I can't imagine all the times past & present without alcohol. Getting shit-faced has always been part of my social life. Sad? Maybe...

BUT I LIKE IT! :lol:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

If you see my last post twice Al....

It's because you're pissed! :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I had a similar conversation over a liquid lunch on Friday with a work collegue. Although it's all alcohol at the end of the day it effects me in different ways. TBC mentioned Stella - I think if I drank that all night I would end up murdering someone. I once offered on an entire table of blokes after downing a few Stella's - crazy juice for me. The table of chaps got up and left cos they thought I was so fuckin mad. Bitter or a nice pale ale on the other hand makes me feel just fuckin right. Nice and chilled - after a few I just wanna fall asleep. Whiskey well that makes me wanna stay up all night and talk shit or just do something all night (listen to music, watch films etc). Red wine is probably my tipple of the moment (well in the comfort of my own home) which is kinda more sociable (in your own home?!!) well what I mean is that you can still have a reasonable conversation and a good night on the wine which is something I cannot really achieve on Stella or similar lager.

Funny how as a bloke you can write chapter and verse about booze but try my on current affairs and I'd be fucked!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

It all depends on how much you drink, Jimbo!

Not what u drink surely.

Wine is generally 12% alcohol, lagers like Stella 5%.

Don't know how one can be more sociable than the other.

Me? I like lagers such as Becks, Stella & Bud. Anything weaker is usually piss - anything stronger sends me loopy! :grin:

I like a glass of wine but usually with food. Too much wine by itself would get me bladdered.

Spirits? Can't take 'em. The smell of whisky, gin makes me feel sick.Not even that fussed with a mixer. Just too strong pour moi.

Ooh, I do enjoy a pint of Guiness now & again as well. Never get pissed on that.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alan A Hillier wrote: We had a great scene going on and shared all the work after school and on Saturdays. Any locals (Paulinlondon?) who ever get a chance to go to 'Maddens' as it is now called should ask if they can have a look out in the yard at the back because I remember it being a cobblestone alleyway which led to a stinking old 'sousing' tank where we soaked lumps of beef tied to string to make 'Salt Beef'
That cobblestone path held a certain dread for me when I first started at Christmas time1969.
But I'll tell you about that another day alondg with some legendary drinking stories.............

Al
Al - Welch Brothers/Maddens has fond memories for me too. Used to drink there a helluva lot between 1995 and 1999. A great pub and always a good atmosphere. Have since moved on to the Elephant Inn - don't know why as the beer is much better in Maddens !

Next time I'm in Maddens, I must check out Salt Beef Alley !!

Cheers.

Paul
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I disagree - It doesn`t always go on the alcohol content for me. I can down 2 bottles of red and keep meself to meself. 6 pints of Stella and I`m in all sorts of trouble.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:It all depends on how much you drink, Jimbo!

Not what u drink surely.

Wine is generally 12% alcohol, lagers like Stella 5%.

Don't know how one can be more sociable than the other.

Me? I like lagers such as Becks, Stella & Bud. Anything weaker is usually piss - anything stronger sends me loopy! :grin:

I like a glass of wine but usually with food. Too much wine by itself would get me bladdered.

Spirits? Can't take 'em. The smell of whisky, gin makes me feel sick.Not even that fussed with a mixer. Just too strong pour moi.

Ooh, I do enjoy a pint of Guiness now & again as well. Never get pissed on that.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I'm just winding down off a four day bender. My eyes are somewhere at the back of my head, I've got copper breath, I think the skin in my mouth has desolved and my head hurts - I think! Was on the Stella all day yesterday and was at the stage where you're just drinking to stay sane. Think I'm gonna go back on the wagon for another three weeks now, I'm in tatters. :(
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Very sorry to hear your news Organ Grinder. Speedy recovery ! :shock:

It's interesting what Jim says in his last thread. It's the same for me. I can drink red wine til the cows come home and still make sense. After 4 pints of Stella, I become a danger to myself. I leave the stuff well alone.