God Save The Manics EP

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

SmallPaul
Rats Rally

God Save The Manics EP

Post by SmallPaul »

Just wondered if anyone has downloaded this, and if so what's it like? Is it like the stuff on Lifeblood?

Paul
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It`s not bad - They gave this away at a London gig - sod everyone else who`s been following the band for years like! Anyway they went on ebay for about £30 our lass bought one - It`s alright.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ffursbit

Post by ffursbit »

I've been a big fan of the Manics since the early days, but I just can't be bothered with them these days. They've become fat, middle-aged, and complacent, with nothing new to say. Hell, they even sound older than the Stranglers. :grin:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Haven`t we all though?

Jim :lol:

ffursbit wrote:They've become fat, middle-aged, and complacent, with nothing new to say.:grin:
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Post by SmallPaul »

I'm only a recent fan of the Manics, and apart from NC & BEF I reckon that Lifeblood was the best album of 2004. Brilliant - not a bad track on it.

Paul
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Apart from Emily

Good album though

Jim

SmallPaul wrote:I'm only a recent fan of the Manics, and apart from NC & BEF I reckon that Lifeblood was the best album of 2004. Brilliant - not a bad track on it.

Paul
Sid Wainwright
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sid Wainwright »

It's pretty good,I reckon,as was 'Lifeblood,' which is criminally underrated in my opinion. As for paying £30 on eBay...blimey! I got mine for the price of a 1st class stamp and a padded envelope :grin:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah I was a bit miffed about that as well - Oh well having bought all their cd singles since Motorcycle Emptiness and having rarities like Motown Junk 12" etc kinda makes up for being extravagant now and again

Jim *Off the hoegaarden this weekend - on the Carling Premier - very nice - very smooth*

Sid Wainwright wrote:It's pretty good,I reckon,as was 'Lifeblood,' which is criminally underrated in my opinion. As for paying £30 on eBay...blimey! I got mine for the price of a 1st class stamp and a padded envelope :grin:
ffursbit

Post by ffursbit »

Just found something I'd forgotten I had - a promo copy of Lifeblood. I'll give it a proper listen over the next few days and see if it really is "the best album of 2004."
spaceace
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by spaceace »

You can't fault "The Holy bible" album or "This is my truth..." but I couldn't handle them after the Castro cycophancy.