Sorry I didn't see you.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Sorry I didn't see you.

Post by Greatkudu »

ThinkTank wrote: 22 May 2024, 09:25 i am not a biker so i cant really comment on bikers but the quality of car driving on the roads today has really gone down hill. The last 20 years has seen a huge amount of drivers being much more disrespectful, inconsiderate and unsafe. For many years when i first passed i never saw any drivers jump red lights where as now there is a roundabout near me where i see this happening literally daily. Once i nearly could have collided with another driver because he jumped a red light i had to brake really hard to avoid collision and even then another red light jumper followed behind him as well i was like wtf.

I think where there are so many drivers on the roads now its made the roads frustrating to drive especially in town. With so much traffic calming and traffic controlling strategies on the road coupled with people having less patience and spare time that drivers now are performing stupid dangerous manoeuvres just to get 1 car ahead usually.

What i do know i could be driving behind a very slow driver and i am thinking of overtaking i could look in my rear mirror and check side mirror and see a motorbike behind me i can then check mirrors again it looks safe the bike making no indication and if the timing is right when i pull out the high performance bike behind me in a split second can have come around my car to overtake both of us and filled the space i want to occupy and the collision cant be avoided. These bikes today can accelerate 0 - 60 mph in under 3 seconds.

Not making excuses but i think bikes and even cars that can do these high performance speeds have not necessarily got a rider/driver behind them that can handle these vehicles and are not aware that when you can travel that fast they need to read the roads and predict outcomes better. Certain vehicles and motorbikes really should require the drivers to have advanced licences before they can own or drive cars like that.

Not suggesting Kudo rides dangerously at all i don't know the circumstances , just hoping you get better soon Kudu
Thanks think Tank very valid points,yes driving standards have gone down hill,I don't take any risks riding a bike,it's a hobby now, drive Car to,I was lucky,if I had of been speeding my outcome would be much worse,so all my injuries will heal,but I think my riding career is over? To much risk now, and to much to lose,my Girlfriend was distraught,I can't put her through that again,she is the most amazing woman I have known.so sadly, Leathers will be hung up.😦
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

...well your biker leathers anyway :wink:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 22 May 2024, 10:50 ...well your biker leathers anyway :wink:

Jim
Ah yes they do call me Leather Boy 😂
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Seen it getting steadily worse whilst out on my Lammi, and lost a bit of confidence. So sold it and bought a ‘72 Beetle, drove it from Manchester to Durham with no brakes 😂😂😂
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Homer wrote: 23 May 2024, 00:46 Seen it getting steadily worse whilst out on my Lammi, and lost a bit of confidence. So sold it and bought a ‘72 Beetle, drove it from Manchester to Durham with no brakes 😂😂😂
Sir I love riding my bike,passed test in 95, ridden bikes from Fireblades to R1s but I can't take risk anymore, can't put Girlfriend through it,so Leather Boy is hanging up his bike Leathers sadly.😞
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

I can understand why
And be a relief for your girlfriend
It’s just so annoying that one stupid person’s actions can take that enjoyment from you after a long time
Hope you’ll soon be feeling much better
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Halifax Linda wrote: 23 May 2024, 10:49 I can understand why
It’s just so annoying that one stupid person’s actions can take that enjoyment from you after a long time
Thanks it's sadly part of life,worst bit she didn't show much fucking remorse, just a sorry didn't see you because of the Hedge😦
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Greatkudu wrote: 23 May 2024, 11:40
Halifax Linda wrote: 23 May 2024, 10:49 I can understand why
Thanks it's sadly part of life,worst bit she didn't show much fucking remorse, just a sorry didn't see you because of the Hedge😦
Got back home Friday, barely coping at home,pain a bit less today but I never want to experience this again and would not wish this on my worst enemy, definitely the end to my biking days,it could have been worse and I will recover,but I have never experienced pain like this or felt so vulnerable,my heart goes out to anyone who is suffering at the moment.Major Kudu.