50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by MiB81 »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:57 My Girlfriend has banned me from buying any more Fucking T shirts,but if they are any good I may be tempted.Major Kudu.
Never saw much that was worth the effort tbh, a guy next to me at the stall commented on £25 being too steep for a shirt,
I replied that I hoped there would be a helpful scouser outside with them for a tenner, but sadly this was not the case so
I left with nowt.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

kinski wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 12:08 I ‘retired’ from seeing the band live at the point of Dave’s passing, but that’s my personal choice, no-one else’s.

I am enjoying reading people’s reactions to the gigs. I’m glad most fans are enjoying the shows so far, some classic songs in the setlist. Enjoy these precious moments while you can, nothing lasts forever.
Well said sir.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 12:05 Saw a video of Who Wants the World in Glasgow. Jim is a great rock drummer but this was just not right. JB definitely had has drums set up like he did exactly to play the patterns to Genetix, WWW, probably also JLNOE, with a certain style and feel.
Yes that's why some patterns are comprised badly by Jim only having one mounted Tom,or Tom separate from the bass drum.Major Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 12:30
evonx wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 12:05 Saw a video of Who Wants the World in Glasgow. Jim is a great rock drummer but this was just not right. JB definitely had has drums set up like he did exactly to play the patterns to Genetix, WWW, probably also JLNOE, with a certain style and feel.
... comprised badly ...
:lol: :lol:
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 20:34

I still think it's the perfect time for a JJ solo album. It makes far more sense to me than trying to jump-start some life into a brand where the moment has long gone.

Why do a solo album when the Stranglers are sounding and doing so well live, and still able to record great albums such as Dark Matters
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Just watched some footage of the gigs with Baz and whilst singing Golden Brown on cue goes to the front of the stage mid song and holds his hands out like the messiah of stranglers song writing egging the crowd on to adore him and cheer. I wasn't going to say anything but i have never been a fan of people that jump on the backs of the real geniuses and try to steal other peoples work as their own so something needs to be said i think.

If you appreciate tribute bands then i guess JJ's version of that is the best you can get but at least the other lesser known tribute bands respect the original band a lot more than the replacement of the replacement singer of the original singer, song writer and the main man Hugh Cornwell.
Baz needs to be more respectful if he's going to perform other peoples work and try to palm it off as his own.

Utter dog shit and that could be absolutely any one, any band up there being successful due to the works of Hugh Cornwell and its a huge testament to the main man, Hugh Cornwell why that band is still going after 50 years oh and not forget JJ holding on to the band regardless of what that means or what he has turned them into. Baz has nothing to do with any of that he's just enjoying the praise for something he is not capable of producing himself.

Give me the genuine real authentic band any day not fake tribute acts that JJ has turned them into i would rather nothing than that. Its a very sad moment to see what they have become.
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:26 Just watched some footage of the gigs with Baz and whilst singing Golden Brown on cue goes to the front of the stage mid song and holds his hands out like the messiah of stranglers song writing egging the crowd on to adore him and cheer. I wasn't going to say anything but i have never been a fan of people that jump on the backs of the real geniuses and try to steal other peoples work as their own so something needs to be said i think.

If you appreciate tribute bands then i guess JJ's version of that is the best you can get but at least the other lesser known tribute bands respect the original band a lot more than the replacement of the replacement singer of the original singer, song writer and the main man Hugh Cornwell.
Baz needs to be more respectful if he's going to perform other peoples work and try to palm it off as his own.

Utter dog shit and that could be absolutely any one, any band up there being successful due to the works of Hugh Cornwell and its a huge testament to the main man, Hugh Cornwell why that band is still going after 50 years oh and not forget JJ holding on to the band regardless of what that means or what he has turned them into. Baz has nothing to do with any of that he's just enjoying the praise for something he is not capable of producing himself.

Give me the genuine real authentic band any day not fake tribute acts that JJ has turned them into i would rather nothing than that. Its a very sad moment to see what they have become.
Look how the mighty have managed to fall
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

ThinkTank wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:26 Just watched some footage of the gigs with Baz and whilst singing Golden Brown on cue goes to the front of the stage mid song and holds his hands out like the messiah of stranglers song writing egging the crowd on to adore him and cheer. I wasn't going to say anything but i have never been a fan of people that jump on the backs of the real geniuses and try to steal other peoples work as their own so something needs to be said i think.

Oh do fuck off
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

MiB81 wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:43

Oh do fuck off
Yeah i get that and expected that as abuse is all that you can result to!

One thing i know not to expect is a good reason from you why i am wrong as you wont be able to do that. Its the albatross you have to live with its not my problem carry on. I know you would prefer to stay in you safe and sound Stranglers womb and pretend and not have to deal with the truth
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ok chaps a bit of balance needed,yes I don't think they should be playing Genetix,but from what I have seen of the production etc,the band are making this a really special tour, whatever you think of the band as they are now.Major Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

ThinkTank wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:48

Oh do fuck off

One thing i know not to expect is a good reason from you why i am wrong as you wont be able to do that. Its the albatross you have to live with its not my problem carry on. I know you would prefer to stay in you safe and sound Stranglers womb and pretend and not have to deal with the truth
Cock.

And it's patently not all I can "result to" :? As I've just posted an actual review of an actual gig that I actually went to, so therefore have
an actual kinda valid opinion on.
Unlike some.
Anyhoo, end of.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

MiB81 wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 14:02
ThinkTank wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:48

Oh do fuck off

Cock.

And it's patently not all I can "result to" :? As I've just posted an actual review of an actual gig that I actually went to, so therefore have
an actual kinda valid opinion on.
Unlike some.
Anyhoo, end of.
I seen the authentic and real Stranglers many times
As i said if you love tribute bands doing cover versions then i am pleased for you that you had a good time. We shall end it there instead.