50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by kenl »

Just home, Edinburgh set the same. Another brilliant show.
Tonight probably just edges it, crowd more up due to the standing stalls.

Spoke to Louie Nicastro before the gig and told him how awesome the sound had been in Glasgow the night before. He seemed chuffed with that.
He said the PA was great and that the "room" in Glasgow was superb for acoustics and that the Usher Hall was going to be a bit more tricky. Sounded great tonight again but then I'm half deaf from last night.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Their doing the 50th tour and have included some that were asked for Hallow for one clear one that I haven't heard yet or Genetix to comment but still think it's great to include it I think.
Would Dave be smiling down.....I don't know but I applaud them for doing it though and can't see why not in his honour should his great work be best left alone? Never to be heard again to a live audience I always thought a musicians worked heard and appreciated is no better feeling or held in a higher regard that in very sad circumstances he passed away but his music lives on and isn't that a good thing? that he would of wanted that and his keyboard still being used by a very talented fan who admired his work and importantly understood his work more than most keyboard pros out there for the many to still enjoy hearing... obviously JJ his friend for 45 years who knew him so well thinks it's right and fitting to still do just that or they wouldn't be doing it I would of thought personally after working and knowing him as a close friend and colleague for decades.
I think it's so nice to hear Dave's incredible and untouchable compositions that can still give pleasure to the thousands who still go and enjoy their night out....just my thoughts on it and each to their own on theirs too.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 10 Mar 2024, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
kenl

Post by kenl »

Very well said Toiler. 👏

Now, if only they could play Toiler on the tour. I'll take Tank as a substitute, absolutely fantastic.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

kenl wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 00:54 Very well said Toiler. 👏

Now, if only they could play Toiler on the tour. I'll take Tank as a substitute, absolutely fantastic.
Lol
You never know there's a long way to go and they do like to alter the set about a bit lol
Toiler not to be played on the whole 50th tour.......nah surely not.
Unless......it's being held for a special version at the Royal Albert hall lol
With strings......never say never lol....who knows.
We'll now at the end of the tour if one of the fans favourite is to make a 50th return.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

toilerinblack wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 00:49 Their doing the 50th tour and have included some that were asked for Hallow for one clear one that I haven't heard yet or Genetix to comment but still think it's great to include it I think.
Would Dave be smiling down.....I don't know but I applaud them for doing it though and can't see why not in his honour should his great work be best left alone? Never to be heard again to a live audience I always thought a musicians worked heard and appreciated is no better feeling or held in a higher regard that in very sad circumstances he passed away but his music lives on and isn't that a good thing? that he would of wanted that and his keyboard still being used by a very talented fan who admired his work and importantly understood his work more than most keyboard pros out there for the many to still enjoy hearing... obviously JJ his friend for 45 years who knew him so well thinks it's right and fitting to still do just that or they wouldn't be doing it I would of thought personally after working and knowing him as a close friend and colleague for decades.
I think it's so nice to hear Dave's incredible and untouchable compositions that can still give pleasure to the thousands who still go and enjoy their night out....just my thoughts on it and each to their own on theirs too.
I am with you on this Toiler. It's great to see Genetix being played again. To me the vocals on this song were secondary to the incredible music and the song represents the band's most progressive (apologies for using that word as I know it irks some readers!) piece of music. I suppose they could have played Shah instead but that's their choice. It's a pity there is no Ugly though. To many of us young uns in 77, hearing Ugly on our parents' stereograms at full blast was a perfect punk rock experience. I know the Wokists would object to it being played but the song confirmed the band's punk label at the time and therefore is an important part of their 50th history.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Any interesting Merchandise? Sorry to go off thread,a brave I'll thought out decision to play Genetix IMHO,that's all I will say.Major Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

No problem playing Genetix or any other song IMO.
They play it very well, and of course it doesn't sound like Dave but it's not disrespectful to Dave in any way, if anything it's the opposite to that.

So I don't see the issue. Even if you're at the gig and don't like it, well there's another 25+ songs you might like. So you can always go to the bar or even the toilet while Genetix is on.
Can't see the big issue myself..

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

My Girlfriend has banned me from buying any more Fucking T shirts,but if they are any good I may be tempted.Major Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:41 No problem playing Genetix or any other song IMO.
They play it very well, and of course it doesn't sound like Dave but it's not disrespectful to Dave in any way, if anything it's the opposite to that.

So I don't see the issue. Even if you're at the gig and don't like it, well there's another 25+ songs you might like. So you can always go to the bar or even the toilet while Genetix is on.

Yes true,but my problem is apart from the vocals,is the labouring drums, because Jim doesn't have two mounted toms,the execution of the pattern is badly compromised,he has to do the Cymbal fill with the left hand instead of the right, what would have been a great tribute to Jet would have been to play Jets old kit on that song,so he could play it properly.Major Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Saw a video of Who Wants the World in Glasgow. Jim is a great rock drummer but this was just not right. JB definitely had has drums set up like he did exactly to play the patterns to Genetix, WWW, probably also JLNOE, with a certain style and feel.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
kinski

Post by kinski »

I ‘retired’ from seeing the band live at the point of Dave’s passing, but that’s my personal choice, no-one else’s.

I am enjoying reading people’s reactions to the gigs. I’m glad most fans are enjoying the shows so far, some classic songs in the setlist. Enjoy these precious moments while you can, nothing lasts forever.
Resurrect the Jodie Foster thread...
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

aldinblack wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:41 No problem playing Genetix or any other song IMO.

Well said sir.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...