50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Ruby »

giants wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 22:39 Getting a bit toxic and childish.
Getting ? It has been for years.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

If I flounced off cos I disagreed with some views on here I'd have gone in 1998. But feel free, door is that way >>>>>

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 22:20 The best tribute to Dave would have been to not play Genetix,mind you most of the pissed up crowd wouldn't know or care who is singing,or even who is in the band.Major Kudu.
Why is it a disservice to play Genetix? Cause Dave had vocals on it? He did backing vocals on the majority of the classic tracks leading to a sound great. Sooo are those off limits too? Are they pissing on Hans Wärmlin's grave when playing Strange Little Girl?
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Have to agree with Kudo ... leave Genetix alone, had a look on YT from Glasgow and wasn't really impressed with vocal or anything else, actually went and made a cuppa halfway through.,SO's Mick does a better job.

Hope they leave it alone at Halifax gig.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

twatinblack wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 11:26
Homer wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 10:42
Waffle waitress wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 01:22 plus a live WiB from Jock.
Couldn’t think of anything worse.
Could be alot worse. It's kind of the only thing from the giants era to make it in to the set.
Haha yeah true lol
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think the setlist is very good overall. I'm not that keen on Lost Control though. I'd prefer something like Long black veil off that album.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

They can leave Genetix out, Toby doesn't have the intonation or delivery and what, may I ask, is Jim doing.
Does JJ really find that 'Sunday driver' approach acceptable?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I do sometimes think "would Dave really like this?". I mean you can understand them playing Hugh stuff. Hugh left the band after all. Jet gave Jim "his blessing" but Dave? I dunno part of me thinks maybe he'd be fucked off with it tbh

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
oliverj1999
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by oliverj1999 »

jason wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 23:34 I think the setlist is very good overall. I'm not that keen on Lost Control though. I'd prefer something like Long black veil off that album.
Or even Norfolk Coast itself but yeah, surprised how little songs feature between 87 and 2021
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

giants wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 22:39 Getting a bit toxic and childish, time to delete my account.
Yep I agree, I’ve kept off here over the past couple of years, sick of the attitude of a lot of people but then I thought what the hell, 50th tour, should be all positive….no, same old shit, good job the majority of fans don’t think the same or the band will have folded and they would all have nothing left to bitch about.
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 23:47 I do sometimes think "would Dave really like this?". I mean you can understand them playing Hugh stuff. Hugh left the band after all. Jet gave Jim "his blessing" but Dave? I dunno part of me thinks maybe he'd be fucked off with it tbh

Jim

Somehow I think he'd just laugh and give a non-answer
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I expect Toby will be under a lot of pressure taking lead vocals on a new set addition knowing it'll be on youtube and scrutinised within 20 minutes. Especially under the circumstances. It's early days.

I'm not sure if Genetix is a good idea or not yet but the band haven't played safe with much this tour - and whether they got it right or wrong - that's great to see. I did notice the Gospel tracks had irked one or two.
Let's Boogie