50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by kenl »

stuartinblack wrote: 08 Mar 2024, 22:18 Followed the band over 45 years and that has to be the best ever and we are only at the interval this is phenomenal
Gig was phenomenal. Sound was incredible.

I do like seeing Hugh but anyone who thinks a Hugh gig is a patch on what I watched tonight is having a laugh.
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

No complaints about the set, l thought it was awesome. Nothing that hasn't been played in the past and some classics missing, but a fantastic set of 28 songs plus a live WiB from Jock.
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
kenl

Post by kenl »

Well, quite a few rarities.

Not sure I've ever heard Hallow to Our Men live before and I've been going to see them since 78. Missed a few years when PR was in the band but not missed many tours.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I'm glad for those who went and enjoyed it and for me only it doesn't matter how many post '90 tracks they did or didn't do it's a 50th tour and most of this bands hits and big numbers are between 74-90 so it was always gojng to out weigh anything after.
Musically and just how tight and good they still are for me was never in doubt it's quite incredible still their eagerness and energy to pull out a gig like this going by the amazing posts from fans who went tonight....just how good I don't know I wasn't there to comment or make a judgement and still waiting to fiind out what they did but will see it soon.
Glad those who went thought it amazing....sounds a good start to the 50th tour.
kenl

Post by kenl »

Really looking forward to Saturday in Edinburgh.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I've heard quite a few played on the night now and admitingly I don't know the full set list but yes it's the hits tour as on the tin which is what we expected the 50th to be like.
Hope all going will enjoy whatever gig they are going to and it's sure hit after hit all the big numbers hardcore and not so hardcore fans will all know and sing along to.
One thing stuck out on the few I heard was toby’s key work sounded really good and professional and made the songs sound very good and stand out very well.
He for me seems to get better and better and was the one who stood out most for me in just my opinion and not naming any songs but it was his work again that made the song sound so good his way....an excellent version of the one DM track I heard too.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just seen the setlist. Well for 50 years it's not much of a spread is it? The majority of it is the first 16 years.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

Who sang genetix?
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Yanders wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 08:58 Who sang genetix?
Toby. Was serviceable but a little strange.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

Thanks, i think that was, by far, the biggest curve ball in the set.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

There's some big hitters in that first set, that's for sure.
Not surprised they're mostly from MK1 Stranglers as they're just the best ones..

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

It was always going to be a heavy mk 1 50th tour even though I thought there would be more post Hugh.
I'm waiting for the end gig....The RAH
Will there be a special difference there?
It may well be the same gig as the rest of the tour.
I think no matter what they do some will always say it's not good enough whatever the setlist consists of but as usual each to their own on what was played at the gig.
To heavily hit the Mk1 years is pretty good I think for a mature band in their years rolling back the years on songs that made this band who they were how can they not do those hits.
I would of loved other different album or b side tracks but then again I'm a hardcore fan and this tour was aimed at whoever goes to a 50th tour will know and enjoy the hits from back when.
Glad who went though enjoyed it and that is the main thing at end of the day...