50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Greatkudu »

What would be nice would be an announcement from JJ on the tour, thanking Hugh for writing most of the songs they perform live now,but more chance of Elvis coming back than that.Major Kudu.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 11:16 What would be nice would be an announcement from JJ on the tour, thanking Hugh for writing most of the songs they perform live now,but more chance of Elvis coming back than that.Major Kudu.
I don't think it really matters though. We appreciate Hugh's contributions but the average punter won't care. Hopefully they're brave enough to play some more post-Hugh stuff, but I won't hold my breath.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Right...now I know they are going to play material never been performed live before...the mind boggles
I think they are going to surprise the many.....hopefully.
Just been reading an interview from the Herold by journalist Gabriel Mckay...he did a great interview and write up I thought ...very good whereJJ talked about the early Glasgow gigs in Scotland....read the beginning bit about JJ saying to him you look like me and his mother...typical shocking JJ.....great interview and read.
Great interview.
In depth about Hugh leaving and two fingers up and the incentive to carry on.
He said I want to make a point because it's our 50th in playing material never been performed live before.....great stuff it's exactly what I wanted to here.
Journalist..Gabriel Mckay....the Herold.
Great Great interview about the early days about the many against punks where they had to look them selves in a room and nights in cells.....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 04 Feb 2024, 11:48, edited 4 times in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

toilerinblack wrote:Right...no I know they are gojng to play material never been performed live before...the mind boggles
I think they are vojng to surprise the many.....hopefully.
Just been reading an interview from the Herold JJ did talking about the early Glasgow gigs in Scotland.
Great interview.
He said I want to make a point because it's our 50th in playing material never been performed live before.....great stuff it's exactly what I wanted to here.
There's only 1 song that's never been performed live before according to JJ

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 11:44
toilerinblack wrote:Right...no I know they are gojng to play material never been performed live before...the mind boggles
I think they are vojng to surprise the many.....hopefully.
Just been reading an interview from the Herold JJ did talking about the early Glasgow gigs in Scotland.
Great interview.
There's only 1 song that's never been performed live before according to JJ

Jim
Really oh ok.....that's my hopefulness back down on planet earth then lol
Thanks though.
Good interview though JIm I thought...thanks.
We shall see then which 1 only it is....lol
I'll take a guess at it being a JJ written or sung song rather than the one being a Hugh sung one never before live is my guess.....like Choosie Susie or Tomorrow Was even though some say JJ may not be a fan of tomorrow Was but one of those more early JJ songs never been done maybe....or outsiders for me like Hallow,Too Precious but i'm not so sure they'll do either of those two Hugh sung ones tbh.
I'll go for Choosie or tomorrow Was....a JJ sung or written song never done live before is my prediction.
Roll on the tour!
Tanks Jim.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Choosey Susie and Hallow have both been played live multiple times.
Choosey by MKII a few times in 1995, Hallow not since the 80s.

I can't imagine it being Too Precious.
Tomorrow Was is a possibility, but I would have thought they'd have played that in the really early days.
I reckon a deep cut from the 80s or maybe even a bside.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 12:14 Choosey Susie and Hallow have both been played live multiple times.

Tomorrow Was is a possibility, but I would have thought they'd have played that in the really early days.
Tomorrow was has been played before

http://www.permuted.org.uk/photography/ ... tranglers/
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 12:14 Choosey Susie and Hallow have both been played live multiple times.

True yes your right sorry what am I on about lol
They have both been done...a long time ago I forget I've never seen themmyself live I think whi h is a shame because I saw them loads in London but never those two ever.... Thanks your right.
Yes it could be a strong sides they might do who knows.....I mean srong b sides like Life's too short, Fools rush out and Norman Normal which are all great unplayed live tracks I think and I'd love either of those three to be done on their 50th.
Strong past songs never done before or even released make great live performances no better example than Instead of this which was an outstanding version to open a gig with and as an acoustic version too that went down so wel that was just a great move and choice to do back then a brave opener that paid off well I say which was a track that should of been in my opinion on 10 in the first place for sure.
We are guessing now what they might do just like on Hugh's last tour...I think it keeps fans guessing,intrigued and interested on a gig they are going to see.
I wait in anticipation to a tour that I think is gonna be a cracker and especially at the end of it for something hopefully a little bit different and special at the RAH.....I hope.
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

Everythin has been done live off the first four albums and Feline.

Candidates:

Turn the centries <by HC> <played in a soundcheck>
Manna <i am not sure>
Ain't Nothin to it
Everybody loves you when your dead
Only takes two to Tango (in HC song by song ..says only did it a few times)
Laughin
Madhatter
Dreamtime <not sure setlist says it was played in Canada but its not on the tape)
ghost train
Too precious <was on a setlist but not played>

Lots of bsides >> rok it to the moon, top secret, man in white, norman normal

Ugly, Blue Sister, Sha Sha, Hallow, Suzy, English Towns, Shadows, Waitin 4 the men, Non Stop, are all rarely played.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 23:28I hope there's some post Hugh songs on this 50th anniversary tour just for your sake
Based on how things have generally been post-1990, I would suspect not. I guarantee that three quarters of JJ Burnel & Friends'll be playing covers, though.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It's a shame a lot of the mark 2 tracks get ignored now. I think it would great if a few of the best ones were played more.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'd love to see PR doing them!