50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by ThinkTank »

parasiteinblack wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 17:43
ThinkTank wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 10:54
Where do you stop Public Image without John Lydon, Killing Joke without Jaz Coleman, The Banshees without Siouxsie Sioux, Fingers without Jake Burns how about lets change and have a new Elvis Presley if its got the blessing of The Elvis Presley Estate. Where do you stop ? and if you are a Stranglers fan The Stranglers without Hugh Cornwell is just lunacy
Just no.
The Stranglers were never "Hugh and The Stranglers".
Don't tell me what to think.
Why you think i am telling you what to think i have no idea as i am not like that at all. But if i was someone that was like that you would be the last person on my list to try to influence at all.
All due respect you never knew Hugh in the band as you was far too young so i would never expect you to understand anyway. In fact knowing your age and how you would have no experience of what it was like with Hugh in the band and nothing to have compared to, your position regarding the JJ tribute act makes perfect sense to me.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Tbh most long term bands have all changed and altered over the decades that's life with members moving on or health issues but are they all tribute bands? Of course not and probably wouldn't get refered to one either.
I get it's their income to keep going with the brand name it puts bums on seats and sells tickets and income for them more than had they changed the name after Hugh....and Hugh benefits also they all do.
I'm behind them as one fan only until the end or at least when JJ calls time.
I honestly can't see it happening for some time yet as they all get on so well as a unit so good luck to them all.
I'm looking forward to their 50th formation tour and that to me is exactly what it is and says on the tin... a 50th formation tour for a band that has never stopped continuing since '74....so praise to each member who has done their bit along the way and thoughts too for major one's who are no longer with us with their irreplaceable contributions that will live on forever for the many to always enjoy listening to.
Back to this thread of the 50th setlist....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 Jan 2024, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 18:32
Where do you stop Public Image without John Lydon, Killing Joke without Jaz Coleman, The Banshees without Siouxsie Sioux, Fingers without Jake Burns how about lets change and have a new Elvis Presley if its got the blessing of The Elvis Presley Estate. Where do you stop ? and if you are a Stranglers fan The Stranglers without Hugh Cornwell is just lunacy
Just no.
Why you think i am telling you what to think i have no idea as i am not like that at all. But if i was someone that was like that you would be the last person on my list to try to influence at all.
All due respect you never knew Hugh in the band as you was far too young so i would never expect you to understand anyway. In fact knowing your age and how you would have no experience of what it was like with Hugh in the band and nothing to have compared to, your position regarding the JJ tribute act makes perfect sense to me.
oh yes, you're right, silly me.
Cheers.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Just no.
You seem very bitter about the band without Hugh - let it go :lol:
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
jeromeinparis
Down In The Sewer

Post by jeromeinparis »

It’s going around in circles here. Always the same debate for ages: are the stranglers the stranglers without Hugh? JJ is mean to Hugh, blah blah. I'll be in London on March 26 to see the Stranglers. I come from Paris with immense pleasure. And I also like listening to Hugh but he doesn't come to Paris anymore.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Hugh is happy with what he is doing,JJ is happy what he is doing,both their band mates are happy,the fans who go to see Hugh are happy,the fans who go to see the Stranglers are happy.Everyone is happy.Apart from it seems a few who can't stand the Stranglers continuing.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ruby wrote:Hugh is happy with what he is doing,JJ is happy what he is doing,both their band mates are happy,the fans who go to see Hugh are happy,the fans who go to see the Stranglers are happy.Everyone is happy.Apart from it seems a few who can't stand the Stranglers continuing.
For the handful of people that fit into this bracket we sure give them the spotlight!

Fuck em! Image

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

Can we get back on topic? Please?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Why you think i am telling you what to think
Well, you are called ThinkTank! :smile:

Good day!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I do so hope that they do not gloss over the MK2 years

Though they were a bit bleak, there were moments - not many - but I woulsd expect they will bring out Tinme To Die. Would like HoH to get a mention and I would like to hear a full on speaker blowing Coup de Grace. Powerful song IMO.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think they should bring out a remastered vinyl version of the Greatest Hits 77-90 https://amzn.to/3OpAL9c - I'd welcome a deluxe 180g vinyl version of that. It's one of their biggest selling albums as well.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Too Hugh though innit? Doesnt it have the awful JE version of ATS on it? Urg!

Decades apart vinyl might be more representative?