50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 19:47 I see Baz talking in the Bristol Live in the what's on talking about the tour...saying they still get on and when they don't then it's time to stop.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/ ... I4NIx2Z5xY
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 21:34
toilerinblack wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 19:47 I see Baz talking in the Bristol Live in the what's on talking about the tour...saying they still get on and when they don't then it's time to stop.
A very boring interview.he makes it sound like he has been in the band since the start,a thanks to Hugh would be good in the interview.Major Kudu.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 21:17
Cells&Plasma wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 21:34
A very boring interview.he makes it sound like he has been in the band since the start,a thanks to Hugh would be good in the interview.Major Kudu.
I can't say I got that impression from that interview. Pretty bog standard stuff - bit about him celebrating a lot of birthdays on tour, a bit about him being in the band so long and a bit about DM & the future.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

https://qthemusic.com/p/jean-jacques-bu ... interview/

yes, the Dingwalls fight is mentioned :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 21:50 https://qthemusic.com/p/jean-jacques-bu ... interview/

A more interesting interview than the Baz one :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The Baz one sounds like some guy in a tribute band talking about how great the original band were

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

evonx wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 21:50 https://qthemusic.com/p/jean-jacques-bu ... interview/

I'm very confused... ok so John says that he's very proud of Golden Brown but if I remember correctly he didn't even play bass on the original recording because he despised the song. I mean does truth matter? Is this man only lies? Just very dissapointing.

Oh and also saying that Hugh is still moaning about the continuation of the band, is false! Hugh has been nothing but supportive of the Stranglers still existing. He still get's paid doesn't he?
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

twatinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 22:29

I'm very confused... ok so John says that he's very proud of Golden Brown but if I remember correctly he didn't even play bass on the original recording because he despised the song. I mean does truth matter? Is this man only lies? Just very dissapointing.

Oh and also saying that Hugh is still moaning about the continuation of the band, is false! Hugh has been nothing but supportive of the Stranglers still existing. He still get's paid doesn't he?
Hugh is very content and not the least bit bothered that the band is still existing.
I have for so many years now taken absolutely everything that JJ says with a pinch of salt.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 22:04 The Baz one sounds like some guy in a tribute band talking about how great the original band were

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to say but Hugh is absolutely right,that the Stranglers are a tribute band to the Stranglers,Baz is a nice enough man,but the footage I have seen on YouTube from Hugh's current tour,says it all,Hugh is the main man,I really can't wait for this Saturday,Hugh plays to smaller audience,but its quality over quantity,and I still prefer his guitar over Baz,and of course the voice,it goes without saying.Major Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

"It actually requires you to look back a little bit, which is something we never really do"

Oh, come on man! :lol: JJ Burnel & Friends is a mostly backward-looking nostalgia enterprise, with three people on stage looking back on other people's memories.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The Baz one sounds like some guy in a tribute band talking about how great the original band were
Which is pretty much the case 8)
I'm very confused... ok so John says that he's very proud of Golden Brown but if I remember correctly he didn't even play bass on the original recording because he despised the song. I mean does truth matter?
I think every time JJ checks his bank account he is very proud of his 25% of Golden Brown royalties 8)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

evonx wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 07:09
Which is pretty much the case 8)
I'm very confused... ok so John says that he's very proud of Golden Brown but if I remember correctly he didn't even play bass on the original recording because he despised the song. I mean does truth matter?
I think every time JJ checks his bank account he is very proud of his 25% of Golden Brown royalties 8)
Correct on both counts.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye