RIP David Soul.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

RIP David Soul.

Post by Greatkudu »

Sad news to hear of the passing of David Soul age 80,a huge star of the 70s,not forgetting Starsky and Hutch,his music,he also appeared in the fantastic Vampire drama Salems Lot.His music was cheesy but give me that to any pop today.Major Kudu.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: RIP David Soul.

Post by Palais23 »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 18:19 Sad news to hear of the passing of David Soul age 80,a huge star of the 70s,not forgetting Starsky and Hutch,his music,he also appeared in the fantastic Vampire drama Salems Lot.His music was cheesy but give me that to any pop today.Major Kudu.
You summed it up Kudu - part of my childhood including the great Salem's Lot. Years ago my wife was briefly a member of a book circle. She endured all these high fuluting books chosen by teachers(so typical). But when she chose Salem's Lot - some of the book circle couldn't cope with it. She didn't go again....
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I remember being really scared when Salem's Lot was on, and I wouldn't watch it if it was on again now.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes agreed too.....David was a big part of my childhood days on a Saturday night with probably the best cop series ever with Starsky and Hutch....I loved watching the two of them every week, i also had the long thick black and white patterned tie cardigan just like Starsky wore lol
David also had a few hits and no.1s in the UK I remember very well "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" and "Silver Lady"
R.I.P David.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 18:53 Yes agreed too.....David was a big part of my childhood days on a Saturday night with probably the best cop series ever with Starsky and Hutch....I loved watching the two of them every week, i also had the long thick black and white patterned tie cardigan just like Starsky wore lol
David also had a few hits and no.1s in the UK I remember very well "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" and "Silver Lady"
R.I.P David.
Let's keep away from his "musical" career and concentrate on his acting - they are worlds apart!