50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 19:52 I think it's pure coincidence but Toby just said the setlist is "top secret"

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That sounds intresting...let's hope it's something really different to remember the 50th tour by..
I'm having a guess in the dark at...."tomorrow Was" could be a good one from the early years that never gets done and would be so appropriate on their 50th to dust it off and give it an airing once again that I think would make a cracking live song that I could imagine Baz & JJ slowly ratwalking together to the front of the stage on this songs guitar instrumental part....perfect then into Sewer.
I'm hoping on the more earlier mk1 days they roll the years back and let JJ sing a lot of them like threatened,ugly,the Raven,bitching,Burning up time or even princess of the streets any of those type of classic JJ old songs that he is the best at doing would certainly give that more authentic mk1 sound of old for their 50th as musically on any song for me the band are spot on as Mk1 once were...no question there,let's get the vocal of old as near as they can and let JJ do more of those fantastic early riff songs.
Strings at the AH again would also be great...I think or hope should I say for something really different and special for Toby to say it's "Top Secret" and he means it as the song once said by Hugh.....lol
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I'm thinking 'what would be the boldest entrance?'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGSevc9gD4
Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't get too excited. You're gonna get a greatest hits set with one or two "new" oldies

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

markorbit wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 02:36 I'm thinking 'what would be the boldest entrance?'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGSevc9gD4
God is Good surely. :lol:
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 09:58 Don't get too excited. You're gonna get a greatest hits set with one or two "new" oldies

Jim

Nahh wrong, they're just gonna play 8 by 10 fifty times
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 09:58 Don't get too excited. You're gonna get a greatest hits set with one or two "new" oldies
Jim

You're probably right. But I guess we'll get at least "Down in the Sewer".
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Jim

Your probably right JIm....with a few new oldies chucked in.
I'd like to think we are in few a few surprises they did with the 40th with the military waltzinblack start I thought that was brilliant.
Good is God I can't see happening...Tomorrow Was i can virtually 50 years to the demo year of '75 released 5 years later as a single in '80 through the Stranglers or My Young Dreams as a real outsider but not impossible.
I can see your usual Toiler,Sewer ,Tank 5 mins Heroes GBG,GB all being done as usual and i'd like to see the return of The Raven,Time to Die,Shah and more from the Raven and La Folie/Dreamtime....but what we actually get could be very different or the same should I say.
We'll get the hits after all it's the 50th hits tour but somethjng different or special to mark it as a one off would make it that much better.
I haven't heard any member before talk of an up and coming tour describing it is as Top Secret...
Probably just getting to carried away lke you say....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 14 Jan 2024, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Jim

Didn't I hear that there would be two sets? If so I think the first will be full of deep cuts. The second for the hits and known classics.
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 17:36

Jim

Didn't I hear that there would be two sets? If so I think the first will be full of deep cuts. The second for the hits and known classics.
Intresting....two sets.
They could be rolling the years back....First set the harder early MK1 years plenty of JJ vocals could be on the cards then a major first set of their first four albums.
Second half more up to date with your Relentless,freedoms and material from NC,Suite,Giants,DM or i'm barking up the wrong tree and it's a second half full of the big hits like you say.
I'd like to think we are in for something different..After all there's only one 50th and it's all Top Secret like Toby has said.....we'll see and it might be nothing more than much of the same usual Big hits I 'd like to think there's some surprises in store and not the same but with two different ones.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I think the RAH gig at the end could be a totally different kettle of fish...strings again?
Strings to Toiler,Sewer or even....Tomorrow Was with strings wow ... now there's a thought!
BankMan
Down In The Sewer

Post by BankMan »

Didn’t JJ say two sets, with the first covering longer and obscure songs that they haven’t played for eons and they’d have to re-learn the chords to some because they were stoned when they recorded them (which to me sounds like MIB stuff)

So for the first set we could be looking at Sewer, School Mam, Peasant, Shah, Genetix (with JJ on vocals), Hallow plus a few others, maybe off B&W, La Folie or Feline that we haven’t heard for years. Not sure we’ll see anything from that last 3 albums with Hugh involved, I don’t think JJ rated them much and his parts were pretty dull

Second set, I agree, will be the usual greatest hits with one or two new oldies thrown in. Heroes as the last encore as usual and I’m afraid we’ll have to endure GB and ATS

Tempted to watch the first set then and sit in the bar for the second!
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

toilerinblack wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 19:09 I think the RAH gig at the end could be a totally different kettle of fish...strings again?
Strings to Toiler,Sewer or even....Tomorrow Was with strings wow ... now there's a thought!
Not a chance I'd say. Just the well-oiled machine it will be at that point.
Let's Boogie