50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by kenl »

twatinblack wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 22:27 It's going to be impossible to top the 1981 meninblack tour when they played shah into hallow. Just superb!!! Also why don't they do any song transitions anymore? I swear every tour during the mk1 era had atleast two songs that segued into each other.
Really, I do not remember that at all.

On Hallow, it is in my top few songs by the band. Possibly 2nd behind the best song ever written, Water, oops, I mean the Raven.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

I thought Baz wasn't keen on anything after B+W (and presumably the stuff he contributed to)
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Baz doesn't like the Gospel according to the MIB lp at all but hey, the money's still good ;)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 21:01 Baz doesn't like the Gospel according to the MIB lp at all but hey, the money's still good ;)
Yes it's well known he doesn't like it,I find it hard to understand why? It's a work of twisted genius, microphones hanging from coat hangers etc with foil on to get a metallic snare sound,pure class.Major Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 21:01 Baz doesn't like the Gospel according to the MIB lp at all but hey, the money's still good ;)
I dunno if he likes it or he doesn't tbh but many on here say he doesn't and that's up to him on his opinion of the album.....but...
The album was recorded way before he joined the band and it must be well known it's an underestimated classic and a huge favourite with the fans who bought it not just for the singles to be performed live like thrown away with the dancing but who love the more longer serious tracks like Second Coming and Hallow who would i'm sure love to see them take them on live on stage and I always think a band should always take into account what the fans like to hear and on the whole they know what is fans favourites with certain songs that are repeated from tour to tour a bit to much and feel they must be played.....variation with a special difference would be great.
Why the likes of Hallow won't be touched i have no idea but i'm just a fan and not a band member but is one of the fans amongst the many who love it and think it's a massive missing gem of a song and yes I wish they would do more from the Gospel and something different from this album that hasn't been played post Mk1 by this line up that would certainly be very appropriate for their special 50th year.....it would light up the gig and go down very well with the fans I'm sure.
I too miss one track rolling into another like Mk1 were so good at doing more of the pasts same please....sewer/was it you and many more that the originals were so good at mixing together..... it would be a very welcomed return again I think only as one fans worth ..,maybe new mixes like GBG/Shut up two fast ones mixed.
I'd love to hear more from the heroes album,bitching,Burning Up Time etc.
A Hallow start are Waltz....that would be something if it could be played well live that is and if they feel they can't do it justice or don't like it or want to do it live in the first place then leave it well alone for the studio gem that it is from Mk1s past.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 18 Dec 2023, 22:21, edited 8 times in total.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I dunno if he likes it or he doesn't tbh but many on here say he doesn't and that's up to him on his opinion of the album
He told me when I interviewed him some years ago
I too miss one track rolling into another like Mk1 were so good at doing more of the pasts same please....sewer/was it you and many more that the originals were so good at mixing together.....
Agreed - always enjoy that when I hear that on old live recordings
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 22:12
I dunno if he likes it or he doesn't tbh but many on here say he doesn't and that's up to him on his opinion of the album
He told me when I interviewed him some years ago
I too miss one track rolling into another like Mk1 were so good at doing more of the pasts same please....sewer/was it you and many more that the originals were so good at mixing together.....
Agreed - always enjoy that when I hear that on old live recordings
Agreed ....me too missing those old mixes.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Not counting the Enough Time intro becoming Curfew, then the first proper segue would be Shah into Ice which was hinted at on the album.
From then on, unrelated tracks were segued.
Does this need a thread of its own?
Tracks and tours etc.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

gjinblack wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 23:04 Not counting the Enough Time intro becoming Curfew, then the first proper segue would be Shah into Ice which was hinted at on the album.
Tracks and tours etc.

I mean yeah I think it deserves it's own thread. It always sounded great when they did it live. But then after 1990 they just vanished! Strange.

Btw I think first recorded instance of a track segue would be School mam turning into Peasant.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

airflamesred wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 20:23 I thought Baz wasn't keen on anything after B+W (and presumably the stuff he contributed to)
Baz is free to do better than shite such as Raven,Aural and Dreamtime.Nothing stopping him
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

twatinblack wrote:
gjinblack wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 23:04 Not counting the Enough Time intro becoming Curfew, then the first proper segue would be Shah into Ice which was hinted at on the album.
Tracks and tours etc.

I mean yeah I think it deserves it's own thread. It always sounded great when they did it live. But then after 1990 they just vanished! Strange.

Btw I think first recorded instance of a track segue would be School mam turning into Peasant.
Nice one.
Yeah, I missed that.

euromanc-ometh
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

kenl wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 20:18
twatinblack wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 22:27 It's going to be impossible to top the 1981 meninblack tour when they played shah into hallow. Just superb!!! Also why don't they do any song transitions anymore? I swear every tour during the mk1 era had atleast two songs that segued into each other.
Really, I do not remember that at all.

On Hallow, it is in my top few songs by the band. Possibly 2nd behind the best song ever written, Water, oops, I mean the Raven.
Yep they defiantly did. Not sure if it made it to the UK though (i dont remember it), but it was part of the set in the US

https://auralsculptors.blogspot.com/202 ... april.html

The gig above is well worth a listen, and god did all the MiB tracks sound so much better live. The above also has Meninblack without the vocal affects.