50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fredib
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Fredib »

Should start with Hallow To Our Men dixit JJ in the last French blog itw.https://stranglers-france.blogspot.com
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

That sounds great. Good to read JJ is still having fun, a bit ambitious and still interested in the past and present of this world.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bit of an MiB war going on between him and Hugh lol!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

That's fantastic that they are going to revisit MiB and especially Hallow. Exactly what they should do.
Let's Boogie
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Exactly what they should do.
Yep - that lp is the artistic highlight of their 50 year career. Hope the young lads get the hang of this material - JLNOE, Second Coming, Four Horsies.... cannot really see Barry doing those....
--eric--
and there i came
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

evonx wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 15:42
Exactly what they should do.
Yep - that lp is the artistic highlight of their 50 year career. Hope the young lads get the hang of this material - JLNOE, Second Coming, Four Horsies.... cannot really see Barry doing those....
I reckon they will attempt Manna Machine, although to emulate Hugh's spoken Vocals on this will be a Challenge....even for JJ.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I suspect we'll get this at a couple of dates at the start then dropped in favour of ADAATN or similar.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I suspect we'll get this at a couple of dates at the start then dropped in favour of ADAATN or similar.
As per usual yes 8)
--eric--
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Brave move attempting Hallow,fair play to them.Major Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I was listening to the 30th Roundhouse version of Bitching and I thought wow!
That would make another great opener after Waltz....they really did do a fantastic version of that song on the night as good as I've ever heard it live.
I can't ever see Hallow or any other Gospel tracks we haven't heard from Baz the frontman being attempted tbh but I could be proved wrong who knows lol
The 50th list could be a fantastic setlist from this bands long career if they wish to it's up to them if they continue on by playing safe with the hits that they know backwards and what we have come acustomed to in recent years or they could do a special 50th tour to remember and concidering what type of tour it is I hope they do really surprise us with such great songs that are just waiting there to be played live from their incredible catalogue.
I suspect the usual hits plus a few old or new ones slotted into the set but they do seem to keep thinking certain songs are a must and they have to be done which i do agree too on some but not by keeping the same bulk it's to much of the same setlist from tour to tour.
I think most fans do like the hits but want a real change now for their money's worth but that's only my guess on it and it's their band to do as they wish.
Give the fans a difference and something really special to mark this one off tour to remember....a tour with a difference.
I was impressed with the Ruby tours Waltz with the military drums that was special and really good to hear as a one off to mark their 40th so something special again with a difference for their now .......50th! Which would be something to remember that one off tour by.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 16 Dec 2023, 15:35, edited 4 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I'd love to see JJ roll back the years at the 50th like they did at the 30th roundhouse gig with some of his old best songs which for me are all from the bands first three albums like......BItching,Burning Up Time,5mins,GBG,Threatened, Curfew all those old great fast riff numbers where JJ sings at his best then the fans will be treated to a real great gig like the old days .....we'll it can't be in a way as there is no Hugh but as good as your gonna a get.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 16 Dec 2023, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Bring back "Northwinds" and "Never to Look back" to the set. Also one or two b-side tracks never played before and some alternative versions of the big hits and/or re-worked songs from the 90s.
It has to be very special, not the same as we have had in the last years.