Strangler in the light

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Strangler in the light

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThinkTank wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 22:35
Greatkudu wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 20:48 A few on here seem to be judging JJ,only he knows the answer to why the Stranglers continue,I think JJ would be laughing if he read some of these comments,Think Tank seems to obviously know how JJs inner soul works.Major Kudu. :smt005
Still in denial Kudo :grin:
I certainly don't know his inner arse soul as well as your tongue does so you can go back to burying that arse licking head back in the sand now. :wink:

To be honest though JJ is easily read like a book and if you take a step back from idolising him and stop worshiping the floor he walks on like a teenager it becomes more obvious of what he's motives are.
Think Tank, you weren’t a recipient of a Banana off JJ on stage back in the 80’s were you?
Just let it go mate :wink:
Shush this is serious
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 23:14
Greatkudu wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 20:48 A few on here seem to be judging JJ,only he knows the answer to why the Stranglers continue,I think JJ would be laughing if he read some of these comments,Think Tank seems to obviously know how JJs inner soul works.Major Kudu. :smt005
I certainly don't know his inner arse soul as well as your tongue does so you can go back to burying that arse licking head back in the sand now. :wink:

To be honest though JJ is easily read like a book and if you take a step back from idolising him and stop worshiping the floor he walks on like a teenager it becomes more obvious of what he's motives are.
Think Tank, you weren’t a recipient of a Banana off JJ on stage back in the 80’s were you?

:lol: now that was funny
I can't promise but ok I'll try and let it go
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

:smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 23:14

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Btw didn’t JJ & Hugh say there were many Bananas going up multitudes of bottoms at Stranglers gigs in the 80’s?

I thought that might have something to do with all the JJ haters on here but from what I saw it was JJ who only held the Banana recipient. It was actually Hugh who was doing all the hide the Banana stuff and occasionally hide the Chocolate Eclair too.

:shock:
Shush this is serious
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 02:43 Btw didn’t JJ & Hugh say there were many Bananas going up multitudes of bottoms at Stranglers gigs in the 80’s?

I thought that might have something to do with all the JJ haters on here but from what I saw it was JJ who only held the Banana recipient. It was actually Hugh who was doing all the hide the Banana stuff and occasionally hide the Chocolate Eclair too.

:shock:
Yes I believe Hugh actually did the Banana insertion :smt005
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Ruby wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 10:41
alaninblack wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 04:02 Apologies if this has been posted before. JJ talking a little bit about Hugh the other week at the book launch - could not find in thread.
"Hugh leaving gave the band longevity" to laughter and applause from his bum kissers.What gives the band longevity is all those great songs from 77-90 that they play every gig on every tour.And then the ridiculous football team analogy rears up again.Football clubs are permanent,they've been around for over a century.Of course players come and go because soon as aged 32/33 they are finished.
If the band were still together in their original line up then JJ would be saying the complete opposite and boasting about still being together.
I thought i had already put this but i must have forget . Indeed but not only boasting but slagging off other bands for having different keyboard player and a different guitarist and a different drummer and a different lead singer for the third time.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

ThinkTank wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 10:34
alaninblack wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 04:02 Apologies if this has been posted before. JJ talking a little bit about Hugh the other week at the book launch - could not find in thread.
"Hugh leaving gave the band longevity" to laughter and applause from his bum kissers.What gives the band longevity is all those great songs from 77-90 that they play every gig on every tour.And then the ridiculous football team analogy rears up again.Football clubs are permanent,they've been around for over a century.Of course players come and go because soon as aged 32/33 they are finished.
If the band were still together in their original line up then JJ would be saying the complete opposite and boasting about still being together.
I thought i had already put this but i must have forget . Indeed but not only boasting but slagging off other bands for having different keyboard player and a different guitarist and a different drummer and a different lead singer for the third time.
Think Tank your beginning to sound like a Down Escalator,you seem to know JJs inner thoughts more than JJ does. :smt005
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 17:55
Think Tank your beginning to sound like a Down Escalator,you seem to know JJs inner thoughts more than JJ does. :smt005
JJ cant do no wrong to you Kudu , your just a fan that closes his eyes puts his fingers in his ears and sings la la la to any criticism or shit that the band comes up with. Carry on blindly playing follow the leader and being a Tommy fan.

Sorry Kudu but i cant take you seriously
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

ThinkTank wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 18:21
Greatkudu wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 17:55
JJ cant do no wrong to you Kudu , your just a fan that closes his eyes puts his fingers in his ears and sings la la la to any criticism or shit that the band comes up with. Carry on blindly playing follow the leader and being a Tommy fan.

Sorry Kudu but i cant take you seriously
Think Tank wrong on so many fronts,I have criticized the band in the past and still do,no blind allegiance for me,and if you mean Tommy yes I loved Tommy Trinder back in the day as obviously you do to.Major Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

JJ must feel a little uncomfortable with this Stranglers 50th anniversary stuff even though he will never admit to it.It's a bit like celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary with a third wife,from the day married to the first one
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Ruby wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 23:32 JJ must feel a little uncomfortable with this Stranglers 50th anniversary stuff even though he will never admit to it.It's a bit like celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary with a third wife,from the day married to the first one
Yes a very good analogy and I agree it won't feel totally comfortable or indeed right for him. Of course he won't admit it.
Its different if they were a force all of their own and were writing music that stood well above everything else leaving Hugh just a distant memory but as you so well put JJ still prefers to go on exististing / celebrating with his first wife. :grin: