Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: RIP Robin Williams.

Post by Niki Wu »

dead ringer wrote:
kjblack wrote:Funny and manic as he was, I also loved him in 'Dead Poet's Society,' one of my favourite films, in which he showed he could perform a character far removed from his own.

It's always baffling and sad when someone who appears to have everything finds life intolerable.

Spot on there!
What I find baffling is that someone so successful and loved would not have the sufficient support mechanisms in place. I guess it will all come out in the inquest.

Here's a useful link in case anyone knows someone they worry about.
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-supp ... eone-else/
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I've only ever seen 3 of his films - and one of those strictly speaking isn't his - Night at the Museum . The others - Jumani and One Hour Photo . Always came across as a nice bloke , good actor , funny though the films he did weren't always the sort I'd watch .
All quiet ..........
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by elleninblack »

I like how he did the obvious funny films, but then also could do the more serious, sinister characters. Has anyone seen his standup as well?
Hagakure with perfume...
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Couldn't stand him personally, but sorry he died in such horrible circumstances.
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Watching "Insomnia" tonight with Pacino and the boy Williams. Having read JJ's book recently I find it bizarre they were mates for a brief moment. I wonder what Robin thought of The Stranglers.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 21:27 Watching "Insomnia" tonight with Pacino and the boy Williams. Having read JJ's book recently I find it bizarre they were mates for a brief moment. I wonder what Robin thought of The Stranglers.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yes lol
I haven't commented on this topic before but for me Robin was a genius and a one off of his craft who for decades made me laugh so much,there really hasn't been another like him before or after and the mould was certainly broken after his sad passing.