The Best of Baz

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: The Best of Baz

Post by StanInBlack »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 23:43This Song
Baz didn't write it.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

StanInBlack wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 12:02
Baz didn't write it.
But this isn't just about what he writes, it's a bout what Baz brings to the band.
Last edited by jetblacksdad on 07 Aug 2023, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Baz didn't write it.
Yes it wasn't written by the Stranglers but already knowing that i still thought that Baz done a great version of an already well wriiten song making my best of Baz list.
I think overall the song and vid production was excellent on that song from all involved having also performed great live versions of it too in my opinion.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jetblacksdad wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 12:23
Baz didn't write it.
But this isn't just about what he writes, it's a bout what Baz ring s to the band.
He brought a song to the band that he didn't write?
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Baz didn't write it.
But this isn't just about what he writes, it's a bout what Baz ring s to the band.
The thread started like this though
How about we off-set some of the Baz negativity and celebrate the best songs he has contributed so far to the band's back catalogue with some Top 5's...
And to be fair, he does a good job on This Song - the whole band really adopted that track and if no one had told me I would not have guessed it was a cover. Respect to the chaps of Disciples of Spess and especially Matthew.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Perhaps Stan would be better sticking to the mk1 forum, 🤔
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

evonx wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 15:25
Baz didn't write it.
How about we off-set some of the Baz negativity and celebrate the best songs he has contributed so far to the band's back catalogue with some Top 5's...
And to be fair, he does a good job on This Song - the whole band really adopted that track and if no one had told me I would not have guessed it was a cover. Respect to the chaps of Disciples of Spess and especially Matthew.
👍
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 15:25
Baz didn't write it.
Agreed they wrote a great song that worked so well for a band like the Stranglers and tbh in the beginning when i first heard the song I thought that naturally it was their song until I found out it wasn't lol....But yes respect to them it's a great song.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

kenl wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 15:46 Perhaps Stan would be better sticking to the mk1 forum, 🤔
:lol: :smt023
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If Baz reads this thread and I'm sure he won't,he may like the early parts but will probably want to quit with some of the other comments.Major Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 20:08 If Baz reads this thread and I'm sure he won't,he may like the early parts but will probably want to quit with some of the other comments.Major Kudu.
Lol..we'll If they do i hope they will still play next year's Royal Albert Hall gig lol
Looking forward to hearing how good that's gonna be.
Because I think they will turn a few heads with a stunning show...
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 20:28
Greatkudu wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 20:08 If Baz reads this thread and I'm sure he won't,he may like the early parts but will probably want to quit with some of the other comments.Major Kudu.
Lol.. i wouldn't really know if any of them do from time to time...but if any do i do hope they will still play next year's Royal Albert Hall gig lol
Looking forward to hearing how good that's gonna be.
Because I hope it's going to be something really special to remember.