six months off

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

cassini
Ugly
Ugly

six months off

Post by cassini »

Assuming no other tour dates are announced, the band will have six months off betweek August ands March. Time to record a new album maybe - or for side projects such as Wingmen and solo gigs?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: six months off

Post by jason »

Yes it would be great if they could write and record some new stuff.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

From what I understand Wingmen concerts were poorly attended so Baz et al might not have an appetite put a lot of effort into that. JJ - he’s in his 70’s and might just want to put his feet up for six months. As for Jim and Toby, I would not be particularly surprised excited about anything they do in a non-Stranglers context, but that’s just me.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I was thinking something similar.

Same as Hugh who has a similar time period between gigs. Feet up and enjoy it chaps!

Jim
Boody wrote: 25 May 2023, 13:20 From what I understand Wingmen concerts were poorly attended so Baz et al might not have an appetite put a lot of effort into that. JJ - he’s in his 70’s and might just want to put his feet up for six months. As for Jim and Toby, I would not be particularly surprised excited about anything they do in a non-Stranglers context, but that’s just me.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

I have been thinking about Hugh writing new material as well its just a feeling in my bones but if it turns out to be real i just cant wait . I thought maybe after the tour next year but if it was sooner that would be just amazing
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Boody wrote:From what I understand Wingmen concerts were poorly attended so Baz et al might not have an appetite put a lot of effort into that. JJ - he’s in his 70’s and might just want to put his feet up for six months. As for Jim and Toby, I would not be particularly surprised excited about anything they do in a non-Stranglers context, but that’s just me.
Well I only went to one Wingmen gig and it was pretty full, although not massive venue obviously...
JJ put his feet up yes. But it's possible Baz could do something..

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

They've got plenty of time to make next year a tour to remember.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 25 May 2023, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

4 years until Rattus 50, at the Albert Hall with strings! JJ'll be 75
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 May 2023, 15:33 I can't imagine either camp recording new material that's any where near an albums worth look how long DM toke to release,but you never know maybe next year we might hear a new song or two like Sisterhood......never say never.
I was playing a track today that would be a great gig starter after Waltz.........Ice!!!!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 May 2023, 22:40
toilerinblack wrote: 25 May 2023, 15:33 I can't imagine either camp recording new material that's any where near an albums worth look how long DM toke to release,but you never know maybe next year we might hear a new song or two like Sisterhood......never say never.
I was playing a track today that would be a great gig starter after Waltz.........Ice!!!!
JJ always said he had literally hundreds of ideas so it would be good if used the time to create some songs out of them.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

They won't record an album in that timeframe.Major Kudu
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 26 May 2023, 10:01 They won't record an album in that timeframe.Major Kudu
Agreed
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye