50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by theraven1979 »

Two sets apparently. Whether that will be the same as Hugh with the new album in 1 set and the hits in the other remains to be seen

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

giants wrote: 18 May 2023, 01:57 I thought it would be a massive UK tour.
Even though they said in all the interviews for the last tour that "Final Full Tour" meant that they wouldn't be doing massive tours any more? Strange that it surprises you, just as it's strange that so many are banging on about "I thought they weren't going to tour again" and "so much for it being the final tour".
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Hope they play two or three new tracks on their 50s tour.
Shouldn't be a problem out of 400 ideas which JJ has in his bag.
oliverj1999
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by oliverj1999 »

droopsnoot wrote: 18 May 2023, 07:57
giants wrote: 18 May 2023, 01:57 I thought it would be a massive UK tour.
Even though they said in all the interviews for the last tour that "Final Full Tour" meant that they wouldn't be doing massive tours any more? Strange that it surprises you, just as it's strange that so many are banging on about "I thought they weren't going to tour again" and "so much for it being the final tour".
Surprised they aren't going to play at G live, their home and the roundhouse
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm genuinely surprised they are doing a tour - when they said they were planning for their 50th anniversary I just assumed we'd get 1 RAH gig on the 11th September or something.

Jim
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I'm a bit surprised at the tour size. Although they've said no more big ones.

Not that I'd have expected big tours regularly now, but I suppose for the 50th I imagined something akin to the Ruby tour.

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

The full and final tour was announced when Dave was still with us.

With Dave's passing things changed. I am sure they were all a bit confused as to their intentions. Toby seems to have brought some new life back into the band. JJ will be 72 by the next tour all things are centered around his plans I expect.

I don't think I really want to go see them to play a festival set, but will keep seeing them while they are still making new music and delving into the back catalogue to find some of the more unusual stuff.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Not that it matters but the interviews after Dave's untimely passing was that they were gonna do 1 more tour to celebrate Dave's life etc and they were gonna do no more UK tours after that as they were going to wind down anyway prior to Dave's passing. And then promoted the tour as "the last full UK tour" so come and get it peeps! I can't imagine there will be many punters that will be sat there scratching their heads going "Hang on 50th tour celebration? Didn't they say the last one was their last?" So it's all academic anyway

Then they announced a sizeable French tour and now we have this UK tour. Up to them at the end of the day but never say never I guess.

Jim
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

I'm surprised they don't do a big celebration party with the band there and all the fans etc Music and drink and food and make it a really good personal night out for everyone with the band. The band could also play a set as well. Even a bit of a meet and greet for the fans to have a quick chat or mingle autograph's and photo opportunity etc. It might have to be an expensive ticket but i think it would be something special for the fans to be able to take part in and something different for all fans to remember. Its the 50th make the celebration very special for everyone

I remember that there was a SIS sort of party similar like that for the fans and band many many years ago i just cant remember why or what the purpose was for.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

When they planned the final full tour dave wasn't in good health, but after his sad passing things then changed. J J is a fit 70+ so a 25 date UK tour should be no problem. With the 50 tour this would have been a good opportunity to bow out on a big one with a big tour, double greatest hits vinyl and parlophone to release the back catalogue on vinyl. Just look what you can achive with good marketing ( Dark Matters) No 4. I am connviced that they could achive a No 1 greatest Hits with the write marketing, and JJ could say 50yrs hard graft finally paid off.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

ThinkTank wrote: 18 May 2023, 10:30 I'm surprised they don't do a big celebration party with the band there and all the fans etc Music and drink and food and make it a really good personal night out for everyone with the band.
You mean you haven't had your invitation? :wink:
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I strongly suspect we'll see a GH package - Running out of names though "50 years of Hits" doesn't really work. "The Gold Collection" - I dunno Marketing will sort it I'm sure.

Jim
giants wrote: 18 May 2023, 10:55 When they planned the final full tour dave wasn't in good health, but after his sad passing things then changed. J J is a fit 70+ so a 25 date UK tour should be no problem. With the 50 tour this would have been a good opportunity to bow out on a big one with a big tour, double greatest hits vinyl and parlophone to release the back catalogue on vinyl. Just look what you can achive with good marketing ( Dark Matters) No 4. I am connviced that they could achive a No 1 greatest Hits with the write marketing, and JJ could say 50yrs hard graft finally paid off.