So!..who is going where on the 2024 mini tour?

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bogenbroom
Rats Rally

Re: So!..who is going where on the 2024 mini tour?

Post by Bogenbroom »

jeanjacketburnel wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:58
Bogenbroom wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:40
theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:33 Tenuous at best. Theres the 02s and some usual haunts in there

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Sorry - sarcasm doesn’t always translate very well!

To be fair there are a couple of bigger ones - Bristol Beacon is a bit bigger than the O2 round the corner, although it’s an all-seated venue. Haven’t seen them play there for 20+ years. And there’s the RAH, although I guess that almost counts as one of their usual haunts!

I said to myself I wouldn’t see them again after the (very enjoyable but not very authentic) Dark Matters tour, but the blurb makes it sound potentially interesting. Playing two sets covering 50 years at least leaves open the chance they might play a few interesting tracks.
Is that what used to be Colston Hall? Saw mk2 there. Crap venue
Yes. I saw mk2 there a couple of times too. It was ok down the front but it’s a fully seated concert hall - not really the best place to see a band like the stranglers.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Ooh, Manchester's a Friday night so I can get the train back.

A mate had told me that he had heard about the RAH gig, and I remember commenting that I hoped the "big" tour (which might well be the last, though that's been on the cards for at least a decade) wouldn't just all be massive venues where everything is expensive and we're miles away from the band. So it's good to see that at least the Manchester gig is in a reasonably-sized venue.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

I'll go to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well the Royal Albert Hall....does it get any better than that ? No
Well..... yes if it was Mk1 with Hugh playing there .....I'd be the first one there lol
This time it should be alot better than their previous time there i think with PR & JE I'm sure of that, I wonder if they will have the orchestra again.....Nice touch I thought at the Royal Albert Hall it has to be done it's only right and fitting considering the venue their playing at,could you imagine the orchestra for White Stallion.
I wonder if they will again be suited and booted for the last night of the tour or should I say..
The last night of the proms.....lol
Great stuff! it simply doesn't get any better than the last night of the tour at the Royal Albert Hall.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 15 May 2023, 18:28, edited 3 times in total.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:07
This time it should be alot better than their previous time there with PR & JE I'm sure of that, .
That previous time also had Dave and Jet, this one won't.
It will be experience but I think it will still be "weird".
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Some nice venues there,tempted.Not sure why a downer has to be put on it with sarky comments.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Ruby wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:30 Not sure why a downer has to be put on it with sarky comments.
It wouldn't be the forum if someone wasn't doing that.

I was going to post about the tickets being expensive, but now I've checked they're not actually that much dearer than on the last tour.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:26 I thought they'd said they'd do no more tours!
Yeah, so much for the final full UK tour eh? Although, that was back in the day when they could just barely (and I mean, by the absolute thinnest of margins after Jet had retired) get away with putting "The Stranglers" on the poster without it seeming this ridiculous. I suppose there's nothing stopping JJ Burnel & Friends going out on a UK tour, although they've only been going for a couple of years and that really should be reflected on the poster by not calling it "The Stranglers" or a "50th Anniversary Tour"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I think no matter whose in and out it's an achievement for what was first started back in 1974.
We will individually always have how favourites over the 50 years but I think it's more than that overall as they finally reach the big milestone next year as i for one would imagine that nobody more than Jet would want them to reach it and play that 50th formation tour and that last special night at thel Royal Albert Hall too.....so good on the entity and for those who will go because they love this bands music and for Jet the founder and Dave too where their work and contribution to this band will still get played and heard on that special 50th tour too...so it's an overall every members contribution and celebrations worth next year is the way i see it only being the long term Stranglers fan of their music.
A 50th gold tour......superb!
But we will all differ and that's only right for every individual.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 15 May 2023, 19:28, edited 23 times in total.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

Absolutely delighted Glasgow and Albert Hall for me and am at a age now am happy to take my seat to the world's greatest band roll on March 24
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

It's the 50th Anniversary tour as some tickets are over £50..!

Edinburgh is £52 to £41

Glasgow is £44 to £55
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

yesican wrote: 15 May 2023, 19:34 It's the 50th Anniversary tour as some tickets are over £50..!

Edinburgh is £52 to £41

Glasgow is £44 to £55
Not extortionate though,is it ? The Damned were charging much more for their tour last year.