Re-releases

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Re-releases

Post by gizzard »

jason wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 18:33 Nothing wrong with his vocals on 10 either.
It's just the majority of the songs......
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I don't particularly like Hughs vocals on Wolf. Maybe that's partly down to some of the songs as well. Unless it's the production?
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Wolf is lame in all aspects
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

That such a great album didn't enjoy the success it deserved was undoubtedly lame.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Just on Hugh's voice' he's always had a great voice.
I remember on round table on fridays on radio 1, Richard Skinner would sometimes ( with the stranglers) introduce a new Stranglers release as "here's a mystery song"to the panel.
The song was Strange little girl. The panel didn't have a clue who it was after the song was played.
Kim Wilde said No idea' Great voice' though.
Then Hugh came on over the phone and had a chat with Richard and thanked Kim for her comments.

Don't ask me why I still remember this so clearly.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

giants wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 01:40 Just on Hugh's voice' he's always had a great voice.
I remember on round table on fridays on radio 1, Richard Skinner would sometimes ( with the stranglers) introduce a new Stranglers release as "here's a mystery song"to the panel.
The song was Strange little girl. The panel didn't have a clue who it was after the song was played.
Then Hugh came on over the phone and had a chat with Richard and thanked Kim for her comments.

I remember Hugh offering to give Kim Wilde singing lessons during that piece - I was never quite sure whether he was having a dig at her voice or not. I've got it on tape somewhere.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Yeah your absolutely right.

Always remember the Stranglers on saturday rock show with tommy vance before the gig at wembley with the Who.
Tommy said "how you gonna approaach this gig? Hugh' through the back entrance.

What the hell did I do with those old BASF tapes?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

droopsnoot wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 08:11
giants wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 01:40 Just on Hugh's voice' he's always had a great voice.

I remember Hugh offering to give Kim Wilde singing lessons during that piece - I was never quite sure whether he was having a dig at her voice or not. I've got it on tape somewhere.
Maybe he was trying to pull her! :grin: