Not sure whether this has been posted ...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Not sure whether this has been posted ...

Post by Homer »

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Not sure whether this has been posted ...

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Homer wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 00:23 Baz interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZlwE_0DVW4
Yeah it already has.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Baz comes across as a very nice guy and very thoughtful in his answers so as not to say the wrong thing
Regardless of what Baz is saying here his body language and reaction to the question of would he continue without JJ shows hes given it very serious thought and consideration.

Wow looks like the stranglers will be about for another 25 years and beyond then .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

ThinkTank wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 07:27

Baz comes across as a very nice guy and very thoughtful in his answers so as not to say the wrong thing
Regardless of what Baz is saying here his body language and reaction to the question of would he continue without JJ shows hes given it very serious thought and consideration.

Wow looks like the stranglers will be about for another 25 years and beyond then .
Sir I'm sure Baz would not continue after JJ Calls it a day,it would be truly awful,he knows it would be the end when JJ decides he's had enough.Major Kudu
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I remember when people said the same thing if dave wasn't in the band anymore.

I dont think baz would release new stranglers music, but i think he'll tour as the stranglers, if he's not too old himself.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 09:33 I remember when people said the same thing if dave wasn't in the band anymore.

I dont think baz would release new stranglers music, but i think he'll tour as the stranglers, if he's not too old himself.
Well hopefully he knows that it will be the wrong thing to do,I'm sure he would do acoustic gigs doing odd Stranglers material,but I think he knows that when JJ finishes,it's the Stranglers finished, hopefully.He will always be able to Make a living as he is a talented chap.Major Kudu.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Well non of them are going to get an earner like this in the rest of their lifetimes so if they continue without JJ then you can't blame them .....but would JJ give his approval ? Could well be another Hugh situation whereby the leaving member assumes the others go their own way . As a band it depends on the quality of output should they decide to continue recording and given the recent stuff I am not really sure the material would be Up to the overall Stranglers quality.....Giants was imo poor , DM better but nothing imo that is outstanding .They have moments now and again these days ,Suite is I think the last album that is pretty much good quality throughout .
Anyway let's cross this bridge if snd when it comes , the fan base these days considering age is shrinking , and anyway Baz might decide wingmen is the way forward for him 🤔
All quiet ..........
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Yanders wrote:I remember when people said the same thing if dave wasn't in the band anymore.

I don't think so, Baz has got other things he can do as he's shown recently with the Wingmen project.
He's more than capable of writing, recording, and playing music with others.
He probably won't make as much money doing it as he can with The Stranglers, but there is life after The Stranglers for him if he wants it.
Yes I'm sure he'll still play the odd Stranglers song here and there, but imo there won't be a "Stranglers" once JJ is done.
At the very least he's an excellent guitar player who could just slot into any band and play.

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 11:26

Well non of them are going to get an earner like this in the rest of their lifetimes so if they continue without JJ then you can't blame them .....
Indeed
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

I better just be clear here i am in the camp that the Stranglers were finished after Hugh and i am still in that opinion.

But i wish them all the luck in the world for success and hope they get what they want its just not for me and i see Hugh as the real deal and the only thing to come out of all this as a positive
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Yanders wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 09:33 I remember when people said the same thing if dave wasn't in the band anymore.

i remember with the original line up both Hugh and JJ when asked in interview when will the Stranglers stop the answer was when one of us leaves or dies.
So i think the argument that the band cant continue with out the last 3 members of the band went out of date when Hugh left in my opinion. I think go for it Baz you have earned it and i also think the halls that they fill today would be just as full when JJ leaves and baz takes the realm
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's never really been The Stranglers post 1990. A celebration of the Stranglers absolutely and there's nothing wrong with that. I rather quite enjoyed it. But as mentioned with just 1 member remaining now it's certainly more like a tribute to a band that existed.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"