New Damned Album 2023

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: New Damned Album 2023

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I will most likely get this , I did like Evil Spirits to start with but quickly got bored with it .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 13:13 I will most likely get this , I did like Evil Spirits to start with but quickly got bored with it .
I thought Evil Spirits was good,but the new album has 12 songs on,so probably some fillers,I find most Damned albums have fillers on,they are inconsistent,but fair play to them for bothering,and having an album coming out a short time from the last one.They are a great band,and when you look at the shit that people seen to like today,they seen even better,an example,the truly Ghastly Sam Smith,does anyone really like that shit?Or Beyonce? Major Kudu.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 16:03
Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 13:13 I will most likely get this , I did like Evil Spirits to start with but quickly got bored with it .
and having an album coming out a short time from the last one.
It's been five years.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

parasiteinblack wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 20:43
Greatkudu wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 16:03
and having an album coming out a short time from the last one.
It's been five years.
Short time these days.Major Kudu
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Just got my Damned ticket for Leeds. I thought they would have released the new album before the gigs tbh so we can familiar ourselves with the new songs which they’ll be playing but anyway I’m really looking forward to this one as it’s been a few years since I last saw the band.
Shush this is serious
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:29 Just got my Damned ticket for Leeds. I thought they would have released the new album before the gigs tbh so we can familiar ourselves with the new songs which they’ll be playing but anyway I’m really looking forward to this one as it’s been a few years since I last saw the band.
Are you taking Jim with you then?? Strange you don't meet up if that's possible?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:29 Just got my Damned ticket for Leeds. I thought they would have released the new album before the gigs tbh so we can familiar ourselves with the new songs which they’ll be playing but anyway I’m really looking forward to this one as it’s been a few years since I last saw the band.
Enjoy Sir.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
Are you taking Jim with you then?? Strange you don't meet up if that's possible?
Are you Cilla Black? I'm always up for a meet up but I don't wanna base the whole fucking evening around it.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

New Damned single and video drops tomorrow (10th). The clip I've heard sounds much more promising than the last one 'Invisible Man'. I think that one could be the worst ever Damned single... perhaps. But 'Beware of the Clown' is sounding like there's a song there even if they get a little predictable with their subject matter.
Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

markorbit wrote:New Damned single and video drops tomorrow (10th). The clip I've heard sounds much more promising than the last one 'Invisible Man'. I think that one could be the worst ever Damned single... perhaps. But 'Beware of the Clown' is sounding like there's a song there even if they get a little predictable with their subject matter.
Cool. I read a review and it sounded positive

Jim

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:01
Cells&Plasma wrote:
Are you Cilla Black? I'm always up for a meet up but I don't wanna base the whole fucking evening around it.

Jim

Well don't fucking meet up then....easy.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:01
Cells&Plasma wrote: Are you taking Jim with you then?? Strange you don't meet up if that's possible?

Jim

Well don't fucking meet up then....easy.
Had no intention tbh. You mentioned it!

Jim