Christine McVie RIP

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Christine McVie RIP

Post by aldinblack »

Well I realise it's been a few days and I doubt there will be many Fleetwood Mac fans on a Stranglers forum.
I probably couldn't really class myself as an actual "fan" either, but the Rumours album was part of my record collection back in the day.
Even if you don't like them, I don't think the musical talent of Christine and all of the other band members can be denied.
Another musician from our era has gone, I always feel a bit sad when that happens...
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Christine McVie RIP

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 14:57 Well I realise it's been a few days and I doubt there will be many Fleetwood Mac fans on a Stranglers forum.
I probably couldn't really class myself as an actual "fan" either, but the Rumours album was part of my record collection back in the day.
Even if you don't like them, I don't think the musical talent of Christine and all of the other band members can be denied.
Another musician from our era has gone, I always feel a bit sad when that happens...
Sad news not a fan,think they were Better with Peter Green,but can't deny her talent and songwriting skills,very sad news, even some of there stuff after Peter Green left were good,there is no reason why Stranglers fan couldn't like Fleetwood Mac,good music is good music whoever it is,she seemed a very nice Down to earth lady to.Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Wasn't Hugh or JJ a bit of a fan of their early stuff?
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

JJ has said that one of the first bands he ever saw was Peter Greens Fleetwood mac
I Hate You !
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

I would reckon there's quite a few Fleetwood Mac fans on
here. I saw them on their 2003 UK tour,though Christine mcvie wasn't in the band at that point,so unfortunately never got to see her.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I can't imagine many Fleetwood Mac fans on here. Maybe their very early stuff.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 23:38 I can't imagine many Fleetwood Mac fans on here. Maybe their very early stuff.

Jim

I bought the live concert 'The Dance' on DVD in the late 90s and it's marvellous. I saw them nearly 10 years ago (without Christine McVie) and although it wasn't as good without her it was still good. Lindsey Buckingham put everything into it. That solo version of Big Love that he does is mind-blowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZp76M4NGc
Let's Boogie
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

markorbit wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 23:38 I can't imagine many Fleetwood Mac fans on here. Maybe their very early stuff.

Jim

I bought the live concert 'The Dance' on DVD in the late 90s and it's marvellous. I saw them nearly 10 years ago (without Christine McVie) and although it wasn't as good without her it was still good. Lindsey Buckingham put everything into it. That solo version of Big Love that he does is mind-blowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZp76M4NGc
I watched The Dance just the other day. It was my little tribute to McVie if you like. I think it was filmed in around 98.
Buckingham has gotta be one of the best guitarists ever within the "rock music" genre. How does he pick the strings so quickly and accurately?
I know little about playing, but to me it's like watching a masterclass in musicianship!
I Hate You !
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

I like a bit of Fleetwood Mac whether from the days of Peter Green or later.
Some of their musicianship / song writing is brilliant.
Not all, but I dare say you might feel that about some tracks even from your favourite band.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Tango In the Night was massive when it came out. I remember that much. Their 70s stuff to me just sounds like typical U.S MoR stuff. Of course the songwriting etc is great but not my cuppa tea.

Jim
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Rumours is one of the best selling albums of all time, alongside the likes of Dark Side Of Moon and Hotel California.

There's some complete shite on that list though, such as Bat Out of Hell!
Good god!
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Best selling usually means Shite :grin:

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 11:06 Rumours is one of the best selling albums of all time, alongside the likes of Dark Side Of Moon and Hotel California.

There's some complete shite on that list though, such as Bat Out of Hell!
Good god!