Live Excerpts official fan book

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Live Excerpts official fan book

Post by evonx »

I worked with Robert Endecott on The Peaches book. I played a very small part he did the bulk of the work but it was the same deal basically.
I really like that book. This new book probably will be more of the same and probably have lots of stories from the new (ish) fans on the block. Am mostly looking forward to unseen photos.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

got this book today looks very impressive on flicking through it.
painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by painter in black »

I got it aswell an nice read!
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

cassini wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 22:16 Hate to sound like a broken record … but when is the David Boni film coming out????
that was £40 down the drain for me
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

the taxman wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 10:40
cassini wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 22:16 Hate to sound like a broken record … but when is the David Boni film coming out????
I wouldn't mind having a peek at the book but i ain't gonna purchase a copy unless i saw it cheap in the sales....
Has an instrumental album........ from the Stranglers songs of your choice ever been done as a topic on this forum before jim?
I didn't want to start a new one if there was ever one in the past way before i was ever on here....Thanks.
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 21:22
the taxman wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 10:40
I wouldn't mind having a peek at the book but i ain't gonna purchase a copy unless i saw it cheap in the sales....
Has an instrumental album........ from the Stranglers songs of your choice ever been done as a topic on this forum before jim?
I didn't want to start a new one if there was ever one in the past way before i was ever on here....Thanks.
just incase of confusion the £40 i wasted was the non-released Boni film when Pledge went bust
The fans book is excellent & over 300 pages
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 21:22 Has an instrumental album........ from the Stranglers songs of your choice ever been done as a topic on this forum before jim?
You could always search for "instrumental" and see if a thread comes up in the results.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

There some good bits in it but also some total shit,I wish I could have sent my stuff but I was dealing with more important things at the time IE my Dad's bereavement,to be honest I wouldn't recommend it,I would send anyone my copy when finished reading it.Lt Kudu.
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Post by RetroRocket »

Mine arrived yesterday, a bit underwhelmed tbh. Some interesting anecdotes...but ultimately a bit samey.....wtf did i expect really!

I first saw the band in 1979 on the Raven Tour, and have lost count of the times since....and now i think about it can't think of a single story that anyone might find vaguely interesting! Doh!

The Killing Joke one was much better I think...with lots of band contributions (there are none in the stranglers book). A better quality print too, and the freebie 7 inch remix of wardance is really good.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 11:50 There some good bits in it but also some total shit,I wish I could have sent my stuff but I was dealing with more important things at the time IE my Dad's bereavement,to be honest I wouldn't recommend it,I would send anyone my copy when finished reading it.Lt Kudu.
You can send it to me if you want so I can read then send back, I didn't bother with this, there's a few decent threads on here that are far more interesting reading. :smt006
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Never bothered - for the main reason it has been done before and rather well for the fraction of the price.

https://amzn.to/3GZCwqW Admittedly out of print but there will be copies on ebay or in other bookstores.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 14:56 Never bothered - for the main reason it has been done before and rather well for the fraction of the price.

https://amzn.to/3GZCwqW Admittedly out of print but there will be copies on ebay or in other bookstores.

Jim
have to say Bob's publication Peaches was exellent.
Really good angle to run & great value.

Had to go for the official one too especially as don't buy all the vinyl rereleases or band merch.
Its different again.
Happy with both in different ways.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974