Boomtown Rats at SVF North.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Boomtown Rats at SVF North.

Post by aldinblack »

In keeping with the "ageing rocker" theme, here is another one. At the age of 70 he was jumping around the stage like a gooden, dressed in a number of layers including that jacket which must have at least some weight to it. On a warm night too.

How do these guys do it? Are they super human? Image
I Hate You !
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Boomtown Rats at SVF North.

Post by porkymeat »

they are just rich and have had the very best preventative healthcare for years
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Good luck to them, Boomtown Rats did some great songs,I will always remember Bob ripping up a pic of John Revolting Travolta,it was so shocking back then,a great song and always loved Bob for doing that.They were called plastic Punks but alot of the Punks loved the Rats.Lt Kudu.
jcinblack
Rats Rally

Post by jcinblack »

Gimme Travolta over Beldendgof every day
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Always found them quite the novelty but digging through their albums recently I've found the odd gem

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Always had a soft spots for the Rats. Let's not forget just how big they were at one point. Tonic for the Troops is a cracker and I quite like some of V Deep and In the Long Grass. Not so keen on their R&B side.
Let's Boogie
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

markorbit wrote:Always had a soft spots for the Rats. Let's not forget just how big they were at one point. Tonic for the Troops is a cracker and I quite like some of V Deep and In the Long Grass. Not so keen on their R&B side.
Have you tried their first album "the Boomtown Rats" ?

Also their third "Fine Art... "

These 2 are also crackers IMO, and with Tonic I was really into them back in the day. After that not really..
I Hate You !
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

aldinblack wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 20:10
markorbit wrote:Always had a soft spots for the Rats. Let's not forget just how big they were at one point. Tonic for the Troops is a cracker and I quite like some of V Deep and In the Long Grass. Not so keen on their R&B side.
Have you tried their first album "the Boomtown Rats" ?

Also their third "Fine Art... "

These 2 are also crackers IMO, and with Tonic I was really into them back in the day. After that not really..
I dipped my toe in. The first one not so much. It has it's charm like a lot of 1977 stuff but I like them a bit more sophisticated. I see the 'Fine Art' has 'Mondays' on it so that might be worth another look. To me they're one of those bands... like The Jam you have to be in the mood for them.
Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"Up All Night" is a good song

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Geldof. What a cunt. Irriates the very soul out of me, but you can't deny that there is a huge talent there. A great front man and some great singles - but never got them.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

jetblacksdad wrote:Geldof. What a cunt. Irriates the very soul out of me, but you can't deny that there is a huge talent there. A great front man and some great singles - but never got them.
haha yeah he does strike me as a bit idiotic at times. Like when he came on and shouted out to the crowd "we are the Boomtown Rats, and we're mega!"

I was like yeah OK steady on you're not the fucking Beatles or the Stones..

The guy has been through some shit though and I gotta hand it to him for having the motivation & energy at the age of 70.
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 15:38
jetblacksdad wrote:Geldof. What a cunt. Irriates the very soul out of me, but you can't deny that there is a huge talent there. A great front man and some great singles - but never got them.
haha yeah he does strike me as a bit idiotic at times. Like when he came on and shouted out to the crowd "we are the Boomtown Rats, and we're mega!"

I was like yeah OK steady on you're not the fucking Beatles or the Stones..

The guy has been through some shit though and I gotta hand it to him for having the motivation & energy at the age of 70.
You can't knock him for his energy and yes he has been through hard times as we all have.I certainly would see the Rats If they played near my HQ.Lt Kudu.