The Vibrators...

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Vibrators...

Post by Manc In Black »

All being well - seeing the original Vibrators line up.
Fingers crossed.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Listening to their "final album" as it's dropped on Spotify. It's ok I guess. Last song is sad.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Never got them. Later on they had a great guitarist in The Members' Nigel Bennett. I always thought he had the talent to do greater things. His playing on 'Chelsea Nightclub' is awesome. A young Ritchie Blackmore someone once said!
Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I don't mind them with John Ellis. Some of his songs he wrote and sung are pretty good. Guilty and Alaska 127 get played a fair bit from me (as does the earlier stuff). "3D Jesus", "A Dot Ain't A Lot", "Shadow Love" well worth a listen.

Jim
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 17:18 I don't mind them with John Ellis. Some of his songs he wrote and sung are pretty good. Guilty and Alaska 127 get played a fair bit from me (as does the earlier stuff). "3D Jesus", "A Dot Ain't A Lot", "Shadow Love" well worth a listen.

Jim
Alaska 127? That's got to be named after the studios surely at 127 Alaska St, Waterloo. I rehearsed there a couple of times in the 80s. Owned by Pat Collier.

Back to Nigel Bennett - I just remembered that he played guitar on a Hugh single. One in a Million maybe.
Let's Boogie
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

markorbit wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 15:46 Never got them.
Agreed. None of their stuff has resonated with me at all.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

Disappointingly, they seem to have stopped before the release of this new final album. I only saw them once and was hoping for a farewell tour, but they've just fizzled out with no fanfare of anything. The new album isn't even mentioned on their Facebook page and it's only by looking at the bass players page that I found out they are done. A bit of a sad end.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

manticore wrote:Disappointingly, they seem to have stopped before the release of this new final album. I only saw them once and was hoping for a farewell tour, but they've just fizzled out with no fanfare of anything. The new album isn't even mentioned on their Facebook page and it's only by looking at the bass players page that I found out they are done. A bit of a sad end.
That is sad. There's probably a few hundred people on that FB page who have no idea the album has dropped.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

The album has got very good reviews,the Vibrators the first wave of Punk bands but by all accounts they are going out on a high,its a brave decision to know when to quit,a very underated band IMHO.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:The album has got very good reviews,the Vibrators the first wave of Punk bands but by all accounts they are going out on a high,its a brave decision to know when to quit,a very underated band IMHO.Lt Kudu.
Where you seeing these reviews? I'm not even seeing fans discussing it let alone reviews

Jim

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 17:24
Greatkudu wrote:The album has got very good reviews,the Vibrators the first wave of Punk bands but by all accounts they are going out on a high,its a brave decision to know when to quit,a very underated band IMHO.Lt Kudu.
Where you seeing these reviews? I'm not even seeing fans discussing it let alone reviews

Jim

Plenty on Line.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 17:24

Jim

Plenty on Line.Lt Kudu.
Links?

Jim