Toby interview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Toby interview

Post by Homer »

Yeah respect to him, Ive done a lot of work myself with people on the Autism spectrum .... and sorry, I was only kidding regarding the 'Dad dancing' comment :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Homer wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 21:24 Yeah respect to him, Ive done a lot of work myself with people on the Autism spectrum .... and sorry, I was only kidding regarding the 'Dad dancing' comment :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't worry,even Toby joked about his dancing,if we cant have humour,it would be sad,he feels the music,my only concern is he's a bit to nice to be a Strangler? But Dave was a lovely bloke and the most friendly of the original lineup.Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Any news if JJ has put Toby through the ‘Felching Initiation Ceremony’ like they did with Paul Roberts? :shock:
Lovely stuff.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 20:56
Homer wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 21:24 Yeah respect to him, Ive done a lot of work myself with people on the Autism spectrum .... and sorry, I was only kidding regarding the 'Dad dancing' comment :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't worry,even Toby joked about his dancing,if we cant have humour,it would be sad,he feels the music,my only concern is he's a bit to nice to be a Strangler? But Dave was a lovely bloke and the most friendly of the original lineup.Lt Kudu.
Yeh he sure feels the music through his feet who clearly looks to be enjoying himself so much being in the band.
To nice to be a Strangler? well he's a lovely bloke whose slotted in i think so well and for me he's certainly turned out to be the right man to fill from Dave's sad circumstances,a hard decision and choice i think JJ did get right that i have no doubt about, i think he's a nice man whose the right man for the band making it right for me.... so currently i think it's all good on the Stranglers front.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I think it is all good and they've got it spot on with Toby. He's a lovely bloke, respectful of Dave, seems modest which I doubt any of the other "big names" would've been if they'd joined.

So if there's gonna be a Stranglers in 2022 and beyond then I can't see how it could've been any better.
Hats off to JJ and the boys you've come out of the most difficult Stranglers period ever and you've made it right 100%.
Dave will be smiling down on you!
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 17:07 I think it is all good and they've got it spot on with Toby. He's a lovely bloke, respectful of Dave, seems modest which I doubt any of the other "big names" would've been if they'd joined.

So if there's gonna be a Stranglers in 2022 and beyond then I can't see how it could've been any better.
Hats off to JJ and the boys you've come out of the most difficult Stranglers period ever and you've made it right 100%.
Yes your right,it's amazing they are still going and Toby so humble,Dave would be smiling.Hes keeping Daves legacy alive,but we will never forget Dave obviously.Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 22:41 Any news if JJ has put Toby through the ‘Felching Initiation Ceremony’ like they did with Paul Roberts? :shock:
Lovely stuff.
:smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 17:07 I think it is all good and they've got it spot on with Toby. He's a lovely bloke, respectful of Dave, seems modest which I doubt any of the other "big names" would've been if they'd joined.

Well said...i agree 100% with what you have said.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 17:46

Yes your right,it's amazing they are still going and Toby so humble,Dave would be smiling.Hes keeping Daves legacy alive,but we will never forget Dave obviously.Lt Kudu.
Yep i think Dave would of approved of what Toby is doing so well to keep Dave's music & legacy alive like you have said.......agreed!
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

Spot on
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said