The Stranglers - Rat Chat #8

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: The Stranglers - Rat Chat #8

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 09:49 That's it - when Jet and Hugh and the remaining JohnnY Sox members started to rehearse Baz, Jim and Tobes weren't even born yet! :grin:
Now there's a thought....just goes to show you just how long they been going....a lifetime!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Age...Year it doesn't really matter because there are no tribute members,the proper band as been said is in a way the same as saying the original band so yes i could buy that and their replacements too i can buy but not one man and his tribute band or friends is only how i see it.. but obviously everyone is totally entitled to think how they see and hear today's current line up.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 14 Jun 2022, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The current line up may well being eyeing a 50th and what a magical milestone that would be but i could never see Hugh ever being anywhere near in sight of such an occasion.But if they make it it would be nice for people not to think it's a tribute celebration of the bands long and wonderful career in just my take on it.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Being pedantic (or maybe thick) here, but surely Baz - and possibly Toby - were born prior to that? :grin:
I was making a joke - hence the smiley ffs
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 19:52
Josh wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 19:25
evonx wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 09:49 That's it - when Jet and Hugh and the remaining JohnnY Sox members started to rehearse Baz, Jim and Tobes weren't even born yet! :grin:
Being pedantic (or maybe thick) here, but surely Baz - and possibly Toby - were born prior to that? :grin:
Baz was born in 1964 I think? Lt Kudu.
Guessing most of us on here are give or take few years around that age ....... I was born 1962 , so am in my late thirties now.......mentally ! Not ready for pensioner minded attitudes just yet .
Wonder when I get a bus pass🤔
All quiet ..........
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Guessing most of us on here are give or take few years around that age ....... I was born 1962 , so am in my late thirties now.......mentally ! Not ready for pensioner minded attitudes just yet .
Ha indeed, when The Lines came out I felt for the first time I was probably too young for the stranglers... :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 15:56 Not ready for pensioner minded attitudes just yet .
I do find myself sometimes envying older friends who can travel around for free, get into places at a reduced rate, that kind of thing, though on the latter I've been going grey since I was in my early twenties, and I've been offered a discounted ticket more than once. The cheek!
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall