Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

Post by jason »

If they band aren't touring as much then they will have more time to make an album.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 09:38 He could rejoin Toy Dolls maybe. They're still playing

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
He's a bit out of their league these days from his once former self and band don't you think?
And i too can't comment on this either but it's each to their own views on this forum at the end of the day and i have to respect that even if i don't agree with what is being said,like we always say each time....each to their own on the posts.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 10 Apr 2022, 20:06, edited 6 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 09:38 He could rejoin Toy Dolls maybe. They're still playing

Jim

I thank Baz for lifting the band and JJ too into now being part of such a tight happy and experianced band that are now bang on the money both live and studio recordings to my ears in giving such a good night out on the tours nowday's with such good reviews from those who have gone and been there in person on the ground both in France and the UK so i think along with their award in 2019 they've done well and the entity has been recognised for what they have done and given to the music business as a whole.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 19:19

Jim

I thank Baz for lifting the band and JJ too into now being part of such a tight happy and experianced band that are now bang on the money both live and studio recordings to my ears in giving such a good night out on the tours nowday's with such good reviews from those who have gone and been there in person on the ground both in France and the UK so i think along with their award in 2019 they've done well and the entity has been recognised for what they have done and given to the music business as a whole.
The band have nothing left to prove,but I don't know how long they will continue for, I'm sure they will miss the touring, but they have done it to death, so it was the right move to do final full tour, of course that was decided before the tragic loss of Dave, but the band did Dave proud on the tour and Toby was fantastic. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 20:28
toilerinblack wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 19:19

Jim

The band have nothing left to prove,but I don't know how long they will continue for, I'm sure they will miss the touring, but they have done it to death, so it was the right move to do final full tour, of course that was decided before the tragic loss of Dave, but the band did Dave proud on the tour and Toby was fantastic. Lt Kudu.
Yes i think your right in everything you say,it was their final full tour which was decided before the loss of Dave and they certainly gave it their all on this tour.
Is it the end? yes maybe on the longer tour front but shorter more spaced out one's i don't think their near their end at all for a few years yet and what with the ones that have been booked for the future they keep on going.I can't see it ending after getting on so well with Toby he'll never be Dave we all know that but boy he's slotted in so well and they all seem to gel and fit together so well and their vibe is incredible still so much but all good things comes to end at some point and their future journey and vision is in their hands....the entity continues on for now along with Hugh who will stop first?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I've noticed how much better certain live tracks are sounding so much better these days with JJ's bass turned up where you can hear now just how good his bass lines are that were more hidden to the ear on the studio version's from the past.
I was watching ground control and i can't comment on that thread about that gig because it's been locked so i 've put it on here,but when i listen to their second track at that gig which was "I've been wild " his bass line which couldn't been heard that much on NC is just something else and where these days live that were so under everything else on NC which was was hardly audible.
I've been wild should alway be there at times on the set list it makes a great live track which this current line are doing very well,it's so full of energy and tightness.
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 16:40 Nothing at all wrong with the Stranglers frontman as a musician or the poster ...i don't suppose he give's a toss at the pops with his talent,fame & money.He's been the best thing for sure lifting this band as guitarist and vocalist post '90 for me and that for me isn't even in question on that, any doubters take an open minded listen to Ground Control Paris gig where he,JJ,Toby & Jim are all playing together on another level with their combined talent,tightness and sheer bloody energy from each one of them...Long Live the current Stranglers!
I say to this current line up cannot give or improve any more than you are and you basically have nothing to left to prove or impress to anybody nowday's as you've done it all along with your 2019 award that says it all..well done and thanks from those who do still appreciate the current Stranglers!
At last someone talking sense, well said sir
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
mabus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by mabus »

Unfortunately The Baz Warne gig at The Georgian Theatre Stockton-on-Tees has been cancelled - Refunds will be given at point of purchase
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Anybody know why this gig is cancelled?
billyinblack63
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by billyinblack63 »

gig cancelled
is it for rehearsals for feb/mar 23 mini tour
we are the middlesbrough crewinblack
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

marky wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 13:55 Anybody know why this gig is cancelled?
I'd love to say it was because Stockton is a gurn-free zone, but based on what I know and my experiences of Stockton...