...more Continental Dates for March 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: ...more Continental Dates for March 2023

Post by toilerinblack »

Well you could say that they are playing the music of those before them that's correct and their French and Uk tours have been some of their best gigs that i've heard in many a year or decades.
The French and Uk tour was top notch in quality but then again they have been playing together for years and years now and know each other inside out to be that good and as tight as they are it really does sound bloody good live to me in every department.
Good luck to them all keep on going in what your doing because i don't think you can better your gigs ....Much of the same i say please.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 May 2022, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:46 ....Playing the music of those that came before them :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:39
Mart wrote: 30 May 2022, 11:51

Long may they continue to tour and record
Yes but I can't really see another album to be honest,so it's catch them when you can,that's the Stranglers and not JJ and his hired hands .Lt Kudu
And songs from Dark Matters,yes of course they are always going to play a large percentage of old songs as most people don't want to hear new stuff,it's the same with any band who have been going so long.Some like to hear newer material like me ,but the band know no one would go if they didn't play mostly songs from the peak period.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 18:12
theraven1979 wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:46 ....Playing the music of those that came before them :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:39

Yes but I can't really see another album to be honest,so it's catch them when you can,that's the Stranglers and not JJ and his hired hands .Lt Kudu
And songs from Dark Matters,yes of course they are always going to play a large percentage of old songs as most people don't want to hear new stuff,it's the same with any band who have been going so long.Some like to hear newer material like me ,but the band know no one would go if they didn't play mostly songs from the peak period.Lt Kudu.
Your correct.... from any band with any real sense when selecting their setlist for their paying fans and what they think they have come to hear and see and that probably goes without saying for any band... like you say i think,but they still stated off in France with Water which was a good move as they could of opened with any of the old classics like they would normally do but stuck their necks out with a brand new track,it just goes to show their belief in their current material and why not it's excellent.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Agreed and I listened to DMs a few days ago and I still think it's excellent by any standards,but i think weakest song is possibly No Man's Land? Lt kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 19:34 Agreed and I listened to DMs a few days ago and I still think it's excellent by any standards,but i think weakest song is possibly No Man's Land? Lt kudu.
Yes it is i agree too,but for me though this albums weakest tracks are Down and The Lines,i like No Man's land and this album does have enough different good tracks to suit whatever the fans different tastes are but your like me and we think DM is a great album...I'm just hoping Hugh's is as good come October then i will be more than happy overall.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 01 Jun 2022, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 May 2022, 21:46
Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 19:34 Agreed and I listened to DMs a few days ago and I still think it's excellent by any standards,but i think weakest song is possibly No Man's Land? Lt kudu.
Yes it is i agree too,but for me though this albums weakest tracks are Down and The Lines,i like No Man's land and this album does have enough different good tracks to suit whatever the fans different tastes are but your like me and we think DM is a great album...I'm just hoping Hugh's is a good come October then i will be more than happy overall.
Yes well the next track from Hughs album released June 6th so may get more of an idea about the rest.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 22:44
toilerinblack wrote: 30 May 2022, 21:46
Yes it is i agree too,but for me though this albums weakest tracks are Down and The Lines,i like No Man's land and this album does have enough different good tracks to suit whatever the fans different tastes are but your like me and we think DM is a great album...I'm just hoping Hugh's is a good come October then i will be more than happy overall.
Yes well the next track from Hughs album released June 6th so may get more of an idea about the rest.Lt Kudu.
Yeah your right i just can't tell by Red Rose so maybe on the 6th where we will get to hear a second track off MOM that might just indicate to us in just what direction this album is heading in ,if it is similar in style to Red Rose then we could be in a for a Monster 2,but it's far to early to tell yet.