...more Continental Dates for March 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

adeinblack
Rats Rally

Re: ...more Continental Dates for March 2023

Post by adeinblack »

marky wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:38 They’ve got bills to pay like all of us
Don't think its money driven at all. JJ especially just loves to play.

I think they will tour again but more likely they will do tours they can do in 2 weeks, so kind of 10 or 11 dates;
London- Bristol- Birmingham- Cardiff-Glasgow-Edinburgh-Manchester-Newcastle-Leeds-Sheffield-Southampton- that sort of thing, but perhaps larger venues or even 2 nights at some of the venues (makes things easier).

Would be nice if they streamed them or the whole tour live. I'd pay £10 or £50 for the whole (if they changed the set about a lot) tour, I am sure overseas fans would buy into it as well.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

"Final full tour" could mean anything. It depends on what "full tour" means - not playing France immediately after the UK might stop it being a full tour or only playing 15 rather than 20 venues.

I agree that it's likely they'll play fewer venues on their main tour and some festivals. Be on the road for a couple of weeks or spread it our so they have time off in between gigs?

I think JJ is competing with Hugh, and won't stop performing officially until Hugh does.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 26 May 2022, 14:14 "Final full tour" could mean anything. It depends on what "full tour" means - not playing France immediately after the UK might stop it being a full tour or only playing 15 rather than 20 venues.

I agree that it's likely they'll play fewer venues on their main tour and some festivals. Be on the road for a couple of weeks or spread it our so they have time off in between gigs?

I think JJ is competing with Hugh, and won't stop performing officially until Hugh does.
They categorically stated,final full Uk Tour with full production,but things may change? Good luck to them.Lt Kudu :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 May 2022, 21:07 If they did that they would lose any credibility
This implies that the current JJ Burnel & Friends line-up of the band have credibility to lose in the first place.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

adeinblack wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:47
marky wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:38 They’ve got bills to pay like all of us
Don't think its money driven at all. JJ especially just loves to play.

I think they will tour again but more likely they will do tours they can do in 2 weeks, so kind of 10 or 11 dates;
London- Bristol- Birmingham- Cardiff-Glasgow-Edinburgh-Manchester-Newcastle-Leeds-Sheffield-Southampton- that sort of thing, but perhaps larger venues or even 2 nights at some of the venues (makes things easier).

Would be nice if they streamed them or the whole tour live. I'd pay £10 or £50 for the whole (if they changed the set about a lot) tour, I am sure overseas fans would buy into it as well.
I think your pretty much spot on with what you have said now if that turns out to be the case is another matter all together but yes i can imagine it being like you have said.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

I think the tour will be the final final of all final tours except the next one in 2024
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

marky wrote: 27 May 2022, 13:58 I think the tour will be the final final of all final tours except the next one in 2024
As Hugh would say Squeezing the Lemon,but they will always have an audience until JJ finally decides to put the Curtain down,but please don't let them become a band with no original members.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 27 May 2022, 17:47
marky wrote: 27 May 2022, 13:58 I think the tour will be the final final of all final tours except the next one in 2024
As Hugh would say Squeezing the Lemon,but they will always have an audience until JJ finally decides to put the Curtain down,but please don't let them become a band with no original members.Lt Kudu.
i don't think that will EVER happen the Stranglers i feel is on the whole now JJ's band with Baz obviously but when he decides to pull the plug this band in my opinion cannot carry on and if it does then i will be saying that they are a tribute band because they then would be.
I can't see and end for many a year yet JJ seems revitalised as a musician and as the leader too what with Toby on board now too and let's face it they are playing pretty dam good why quit now?..Long live the Stranglers i say but as long as JJ STAYS for me anyway and if not then that for me would be the final curtain call and i pray that dosen't happen after this bands fantastic career with JJ still there from the beginning too that if it ever did end up as someone else's band then that would be it for me tbh,but honestly i can never see that happening myself whenever JJ does eventually call time,but i'm still very much behind their continuation with the mini tours for as long as they want to and they all still have that massive appetite and energy to still do that which for me is very clear to still see that in them as being the tight playing unit that they clearly still are and good luck to them on the live circuit i say for as long as they want to.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

If baz is a strangler now, I don't see why a band with baz and no JJ can't be the stranglers? Especially if he just sticks to tracks he's written.

Is baz only a strangler when he's standing next to JJ?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 28 May 2022, 09:00 If baz is a strangler now, I don't see why a band with baz and no JJ can't be the stranglers? Especially if he just sticks to tracks he's written.

Is baz only a strangler when he's standing next to JJ?
God forbid if Baz carried on with The Stranglers name,he would play to a tiny audience,I'm sure Baz will always be in demand when the Stranglers end because he had been in the band,he could produce and mentor etc.Its the final end stage of the band but it's a long goodbye.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
As opposed to just 1?!

There's tribute bands that exist with 1 original band member

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 28 May 2022, 13:06
Greatkudu wrote:
As opposed to just 1?!

There's tribute bands that exist with 1 original band member

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes of course be but really the reason people still go is JJ is still in the band so they retain one quarter of the Stranglers original DNA but it seems like they are rolling on and on.But I doubt I will ever see them live again? IM more interested in what Hughs got coming up with his new album and Tour if I get chance